$3000 airfare to Coz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well from the Northeast tickets to Bonaire are starting to look like a bargain compared to trying to get to Cozumel. American had been 300-350 RT most of last year and through early winter, now it has at least doubled and the flights home are 20ish hours. Newark has the only really attractive flights but the bag drag is probably just as easy, still plenty of flights to Cancun.

Strange that you can fly out of CT on American or United fairly easily, but there are no return flights. I had a United return booked in May and it was cancelled yesterday.
upload_2021-3-31_16-44-3.png

We paid this for 2 adults, all-inclusive hotel [Grand Park Royal Luxury Resort Cozumel] for 11 days, 9 nights in mid-late August this year, Seattle to DFW to COZ for there and back:

Summary
Flights, Hotel & Add-ons Package (includes Taxes and Carrier Imposed Fees) $2,772.95
Adult Base Price (2) $1,386.48
Transportation to & from your hotel $ 70.00
Travel Protection Plus -cash refund $ 319.98
Promotion (HOLLY2020) -$81.93
Options $ 389.98

Total Price $3,081.00 out the door.

We do not
travel much as we have been raising kids...but...we are hoping to make the Coz trip an annual thing and bring the kids next year :D

Thanks Don, I just checked AA and as you point out things get bet late May.
Better?

I didn't know the dates you actually wanted so I checked 6 to 9 night trips, no overnight itineraries, and just guessing as Hartford as the home city. Some days are much better than others, some ridiculous...

upload_2021-4-1_1-28-21.png

Was checking Fairbanks to Cozumel (one stop in DFW) next month, as low $459 RT
As we have noted many times, there is no correlation between air fares and distance traveled.

DFW to Fairbanks is a new seasonal route that they delayed starting last year. Until it gets more established the fares are going to be discounted. Figure I'll go up and do some fishing in August or September

Back
Top Bottom