Frogman drysuit first impression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be fair, it looks like she is small of stature, and a new(ish) diver. Her criticism that the neck ring hurts her does not surprise me. It is known that the Si Tech Quick Neck ring is one-size-fits-all - so it is big enough for even my jug head to fit through it. That means that smaller people sometimes find the ring so large that their BCD straps overlap it and makes it uncomfortable.

Her small stature might also explain her dissatisfaction with the zipper.

As far as the "shirt" not being the stated size - well, that is a risk any time you buy anything to wear. You have to be prepared to return and exchange for the correct size before you use it.

Latex seals are not good for girls, according to her. I would have told her, they aren't good for anyone. LOL Get silicone or neoprene.

The rest of her complaints are hard to understand. I think FB Translate is not helping at all here.

The bottom line: A lot her complaints seem more the product of her own inexperience than anything. Generally, I would trust Vlad's opinion of the suit over her FB post.

That said, I'd take the double-stitched, rubber seam-taped Seaskin for $1000 over the single-stitched, heat taped Frogman Tech for $1600. So, for ME, it's kinda moot.
Yeah, these were all the things her instructor Timofey Novikov told her about. He sells Santi and Halcyon and pretty much says anything else is crap. Besides SF Tech he also owns. Also, her zipper is definitely shorter than mine (I'm 6'2"). It's just that the zipper ends over the shoulder. Easier to doff the suit but harder to start it. Many DUI have this style of zipper. Also, kinda hard to complain about less than ideal sizing of the second hand standard size suit.

I know you prefer Sea Skin. And that's totally cool. We all like different things. For the record, Sea skin is triple stitched and Frogman is double stitch. One stitch is hidden Also, Frogman Tech has thermal tape and Aquasure. As well as Armor. Not sure why the site mentions it for Armor only. I, personally, think that both suits are great. But do like Frogman better when comparing side by side. More: I'd choose either of them over Ursuit Endurance One if price were exactly the same, for example.

Yeah, these were all the things her instructor Timofey Novikov told her about. He sells Santi and Halcyon and pretty much says anything else is crap. Besides SF Tech he also owns. Also, her zipper is definitely shorter than mine (I'm 6'2"). It's just that the zipper ends over the shoulder. Easier to doff the suit but harder to start it. Many DUI have this style of zipper. Also, kinda hard to complain about less than ideal sizing of the second hand standard size suit.

I know you prefer Sea Skin. And that's totally cool. We all like different things. For the record, Sea skin is triple stitched and Frogman is double stitch. One stitch is hidden Also, Frogman Tech has thermal tape and Aquasure. As well as Armor. Not sure why the site mentions it for Armor only. I, personally, think that both suits are great. But do like Frogman better when comparing side by side. More: I'd choose either of them over Ursuit Endurance One if price were exactly the same, for example.

I definitely think the Frogman wins on looks. Otherwise, it seems like they are "on par". If they were the same price, I would consider the Frogman. At that point, it would come down to the ability to get the exact options I want. That was what was unique with Seaskin, when I got my first one. For example, I specifically wanted zippered pockets, a Trigon pee valve, compressed (not regular) neoprene socks, and Kubi wrist rings. If I could get all those things from Frogman, then it would still be in the running (if I were looking for a new suit).

But, I'm also *cough* cheap *cough*, uhhh frugal. So, at the current price difference, I would definitely stick with Seaskin. :) So far, neither of my Seaskin suits has given me reason to wish I'd pay more for something different.

The rest of her complaints are hard to understand.
Sure, we may skip complaints about fit and options. But can't skip complaints regarding leaking seams and weak fabric (exactly where FB Translate didn't help you) .
Btw - her post in the thread is her own suit of the same manufacturer, i.e another than that discussed in the thread.

Sure, we may skip complaints about fit and options. But can't skip complaints regarding leaking seams and weak fabric (exactly where FB Translate didn't help you) .
Btw - her post in the thread is her own suit of the same manufacturer, i.e another than that discussed in the thread.

Julia didn't have leaky seams. Timofey told her they will leak because the taped seams are bad. The trilam wear-well, it's a travel super light weight suit (she has Travel Froglady suit). It will wear if used for daily teaching (instructor owned the suit for 6-8 month before Julia got it second hand). The wear they showed was on the corner of the pocket. My friend had Santi Ladies First $3100 or so suit, basically an e.Motion. She was fixing leaks after every dive (literally), it probably doubled in weight from Aquasure.

One of the Flex soles in Julia's suit was leaking. It's a common component, all made in the same place in South East Asia. The flex sole is very similar to SF Tech or Santi flex sole, with all the same weak spots. My other friend had hew flex sole leaking after 77 dives on her Santi E.Lite (Stuart knows who I am talking about). It happened to be at an exactly the same spot as on Julia's suit. Santi said "tough luck, sounds like a personal problem".

The bottom line is: there are like few unhappy customers that made rounds on Russian internet. Bunch of people like these suits. All the negatives were always about the cheaper suits (Travel or Abyss). I haven't seen someone very unhappy with the Tech or Armor. Sometimes fit was an issue and was fixed by the factory. Normal stuff. I know of cases where Santi MTM suit wouldn't fit over the Santi MTM undergarment and never solved (I believe Stuart might know of one such case, I've hear of more).

In any event, my Frogman Tech is doing GREAT. Love the suit and oversized pockets that hold tons of ****. Photo by Ben Lair of Paragon Dive adventures at about 45m/150 ft yesterday
Frogman.jpg

I just happen to randomly be on the boat with Vlad this past weekend. The suit looked good. Didn't flood like my Ursuit did (zipper docking?)

Vlad bringing enough beer for everyone (thank you) has no change of my views either. He is just a good guy.

I just happen to randomly be on the boat with Vlad this past weekend. The suit looked good. Didn't flood like my Ursuit did (zipper docking?)

Vlad bringing enough beer for everyone (thank you) has no change of my views either. He is just a good guy.

LOL! Awesome! I just keep hearing more and more good things about Vlad. I'm looking forward to meeting both of y'all in person some day...

I definitely think the Frogman wins on looks. Otherwise, it seems like they are "on par". If they were the same price, I would consider the Frogman. At that point, it would come down to the ability to get the exact options I want. That was what was unique with Seaskin, when I got my first one. For example, I specifically wanted zippered pockets, a Trigon pee valve, compressed (not regular) neoprene socks, and Kubi wrist rings. If I could get all those things from Frogman, then it would still be in the running (if I were looking for a new suit).

But, I'm also *cough* cheap *cough*, uhhh frugal. So, at the current price difference, I would definitely stick with Seaskin. :) So far, neither of my Seaskin suits has given me reason to wish I'd pay more for something different.

Talked to Denis. They can do all of those options if this is what clients wants.

In case someone need an English order form. Everything in metrics, though :) Also, remember, there are more options available. Feel free to ask them if you need anything specific. For example, I like my Slaggo wrist system, they will install it, no problem. Even if you don't see it on the order form.

Attachments

• FROGMAN order form.xlsx
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,575
In case someone need an English order form. Everything in metrics, though :) Also, remember, there are more options available. Feel free to ask them if you need anything specific. For example, I like my Slaggo wrist system, they will install it, no problem. Even if you don't see it on the order form.

Did Denis happen to give that to you? When I was talking to him before I ran the spreadsheet through a translator online and sent it to him incase he needed it. Looks identical. Hoping mine shows up any day now. Almost been 30 days since he shipped it through EMS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom