• Yes, due to failed electronics

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Yes, due to loss of gas in the rebreather

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Yes, for another reason not listed

Votes: 50 38.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to bailout due to a failed mushroom valve (100% user error on my part servicing my BOV), I was about 4000' back in Ginnie.
I had another friend need to bailout due to a failed mushroom valve (duckweed), we were only 10 minutes into a dive at Manatee.
I had another friend need to bailout in 200' of water because of breakthrough (he re-used his scrubber and we were on our way up from 330' in Grand Cayman).

I had another friend need to bailout in 200' of water because of breakthrough (he re-used his scrubber and we were on our way up from 330' in Grand Cayman).
Can you say anything more about the co2 effect? Always interesting to hear first(ish) hand accounts :)

Dumb question maybe, does the heart rate increase when getting a C02 hit?

Can you say anything more about the co2 effect? Always interesting to hear first(ish) hand accounts :)

very much like feeling over exerted. Like trying to run a 6min mile after running 12 minute miles for 30 years.

can’t seem to get enough air, increased respiratory rate, dizziness, etc. it’s scary as ****.

Dumb question maybe, does the heart rate increase when getting a C02 hit?

oh yes

In all the time I spend diving with my JJ I never had to BO.

and that’s over more then 15! Hours :D

My first symptom was agitation and frustration. I was getting irrationally pissed off at everything. Then my respiration got faster. I don't know for sure about my heart rate, but it probably spiked too. It got better and my head cleared on OC. It all happened within five minutes of starting the dive.

Could a heart rate monitor \ alarm help detect early hypercapnia?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom