DPV use at Ginnie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I have received an inquiry regarding DPV training from 2 guys who were riding DPV's at Ginnie 20 years ago with no DPV certification. I recall that at one point old geezers were grandfathered in and Ginnie did not require the DPV cert for them.

Is that policy still in place?

I have received an inquiry regarding DPV training from 2 guys who were riding DPV's at Ginnie 20 years ago with no DPV certification. I recall that at one point old geezers were grandfathered in and Ginnie did not require the DPV cert for them.

Is that policy still in place?

no exceptions for DPV or CCR anymore, been like that since management changed however many years ago. @kensuf may know when it specifically happened, but there was a lot of pencil whipping 5ish years ago

JI'm, to the best of my knowledge, those who were grandfathered in, are not any more, under the new management. If I remember correctly, it caused a lot of contention, when things changed. I am not saying that it hasn't changed again, since then, but that is the last I remember.

Oh yea---I now remember when all that happened....

I was grandfathered in when Rose was still there and had dpv on my annual pass. When she left and my pass expired so did the exception. FTR, I enjoyed and still learned a few things in my cave DPV course and have no regrets having taken it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom