Image does not appear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

In some threads & some PMs I get a small icon followed by "open brackets IMG closed brackets" rather than the image someone is posting.

TIA,

Couv

I have seen that when the source file is no longer available, often on another Web site. It can also be linked to a file in a ScubaBoard album when the permissions are not set for everyone to view it. Are these your images or just in random posts?

The one I'm currently concerned about is from my no-good friend @rsingler who just sent me a PM or whatever the new term is.

This is what I see:
IMG with no image.JPG

The one I'm currently concerned about is from my no-good friend @rsingler who just sent me a PM or whatever the new term is.

Any chance he KNOWS you can't see it?
He offers a pic you really want to see but...
You did call him no good...
That's what I'd do...

The first step is trying to figure out how he inserted the image.

For other readers: I can think of three options for inserting images. The simplest is to copy the image and paste it into a post or PM. The next option is to use the Image icon on the toolbar where you give it a URL to an image somewhere on the net. You get the error when that image address changes or is deleted or a login is required to see it. The last option is to insert the image address in a ScubaBoard album. Example:

upload_2021-3-30_12-58-45.png

Yep. That was my mistake. Cut and paste instead of upload. Fixed it.

Thanks all, it is sorted.

Sorry for the alert.

Rob, are you able to see the image that I cannot?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom