Musical instruments, who plays?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clarinet in the way back. I have played it a bit recently. We have a piano and guitar too, but I suck playing them.

Currently, a 1976 Fender Stratocaster. I am now 70, the photo below is me on stage in 1966, age 15 with my 1962 Fender Jazzmaster. Got PADI certified 35 years later.
B0476B20-1F09-42EB-AEB4-C9C2A745244C.jpeg

I play sax in a couple of jazz bands and a jam band back home, and a jazz band here on Grand Cayman when I'm down a few months each year (except been here over a year since covid hit). Also tried to play the digeridoo - brought one back from Australia but never got the hang of it. Play some guitar and used to play 5-string banjo in a roots/old-time band, but gave that up a few years ago.

Here's a taste of the jam band at a music festival
Mostly Young Band

And here's one of one of the jazz bands
morningside ensemble

since @rhwestfall tagged me...

I play flute/clarinet/sax/bassoon professionally in various pit orchestras, symphony orchestras, wind ensembles etc. I play bagpipes professionally as well. I can play tuba and trombone at a high amateur level and maintain that for doing work with marching bands. It's a more expensive problem than scuba diving....

since @rhwestfall tagged me...

I play flute/clarinet/sax/bassoon professionally in various pit orchestras, symphony orchestras, wind ensembles etc. I play bagpipes professionally as well. I can play tuba and trombone at a high amateur level and maintain that for doing work with marching bands. It's a more expensive problem than scuba diving....

I have 9 clarinets, 3 saxes and 1 oboe all pro level horns. Thought that was an expensive habit. Just 1 pro bassoon tops that. Expensive problem indeed! Play the oboe well enough to do a line or two in a pit if needed but otherwise it collects dust.

I am impressed, well done. Tbone
Bassoon, they are expensive.
I have 12 Didgeridoo [ Yadaki and other names] all real ones, no "Byron Bay Hippie" rubbish.
one I have is [I think] one of the best in the world [in the key of D], been offered big money for it, I would sell all my diving gear before I sold it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom