Just arrived on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They ain't screwing around down here. Down the throat and way up the nose for that PCR test. But such good diving and empty beaches. The locals are so cool, as are the snow birds. Thanks Curacao.

FYI, only an antigen test is acceptable to enter USA from Curacao. $20 versus the $90 I forked over. Doh!

FYI, only an antigen test is acceptable to enter USA from Curacao. $20 versus the $90 I forked over. Doh!
Close, no prize yet.

From COVID-19 and Your Health

What types of SARS-CoV-2 test are acceptable under the Order?

Passengers must be tested with a viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). Examples of available NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 include but are not restricted to reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), transcription-mediated amplification (TMA), nicking enzyme amplification reaction (NEAR), and helicase-dependent amplification (HDA). The test used must be authorized for use by the relevant national authority for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 in the country where the test is administered. A viral test conducted for U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) personnel, including DOD contractors, dependents, and other U.S. government employees, and tested by a DOD laboratory located in a foreign country also meets the requirements of the Order.

There is some ambiguity about when the 72 hour clock starts. The website says departure, I assumed that mean when I left my home airport (PDX). My test was taken at ~7:00 AM on Thursday, I arrived at ~12:30 AM on Saturday, so I cannot verify my assumption.

Yeah, I'm having some difficulty interpreting that requirement. According to the Curacao entry requirements you must:
"Upload proof of a negative result from a certified COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of traveling." Sounds like before your first flight.

Yeah, I'm having some difficulty interpreting that requirement. According to the Curacao entry requirements you must:
"Upload proof of a negative result from a certified COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of traveling." Sounds like before your first flight.

I asked for clarification of this issue from the Curacao authorities, using a proposed routing of Houston-Miami-Curacao. Their response indicated the Covid-19 PCR test needed to be taken within 72 hours of departing Miami. If anyone has any different information from an authoritative source, I would love to have that for comparison.

Well, proof positive that you just can't fix stupid.

Because of spiking Covid infection rates, the island is going into lockdown starting this Wednesday (3/24/21). Beaches, restaurants, most everything except for gas stations, grocery stores, Dr's offices and pharmacies. Driving is even restricted to two days/week (and never on Sunday). Curfew is 8:00 PM

I'm lucky because the house we're staying at is on the water and the dive shop I use will be open because they live above the shop, so I have a place to dive and a source of tanks. It would suck big time if I was inland. I have no idea what the resorts like Lions Dive or the hotels are going to do.

This shutdown is scheduled to last at least two weeks, so if you're planning on a trip "soon", I'd suggest rescheduling your trip.

Sad and disappointing. Travel plans on hold.

We are here now. Our hotel has free shore diving. Not sure about much else, at least Sunscape has a house Reef that is as good as most I've ever dove.... this is gonna get interesting.

Safe travels everyone....this may suck....

Jay

Back
Top Bottom