United EWR cancels all flights until June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this is something we all saw coming when they cut themselves off from the rest of the world. I understand their need to do so because of the limited resources there, but here’s where we are.

What does the vaccine availability and situation look like there?

Vaccines slow but gaining. See tursiops's posts on the last page of the Covid Surging thread.

I just found out my October flights on UA were cancelled and came here to see what I could find out. I can rebook on American or Delta, but concerned this will be across airlines. It just seems a bit early to already be cancelling for fall?

I just found out my October flights on UA were cancelled and came here to see what I could find out. I can rebook on American or Delta, but concerned this will be across airlines. It just seems a bit early to already be cancelling for fall?
Yeah - I just checked and my United Flights from EWR to BON for late October are now showing as waitlisted? WTF? That’s 7 months from now!

AA has flights on the books in April and on but waits to cancel until just before the flight.
DL says they will start flights on June 5.
UA has flights on the books starting Nov 6; they also say they might reinstate some flights sooner than that.

The continuing issues are mainly the testing requirements to get into Bonaire, and the horrible situation on the ground there right now.
Both will change.....but when? The former are not up to Bonaire; the Netherlands decides on their entry requirements. The latter are indeed up to Bonaire, but the lackadaisical island culture has not shown much discipline about the various restrictions. Perhaps the almost total lockdown going on now, with a curfew, and with enforment and penalties, will make a difference, we'll know in another week or two. The vaccination schedule has been about 1000 a week, to be increased soon to 3000 per week. the population is 20,000 with two shots each, so 40,000/3000 is 14 weeks. The downside is the island culture again: getting the vaccination is not a local priority.

UA has flights on the books starting Nov 6; they also say they might reinstate some flights sooner than that.

@tursiops Any update on UA to Bonaire? Where might I find the info re reinstating the flights?

TIA

@tursiops Any update on UA to Bonaire? Where might I find the info re reinstating the flights?

TIA
I only know of UA's statement when they canceled the flights. I've seen no statement since then, but have seen the usual hearsay from people who've called them and reported on what they think they heard.

Back
Top Bottom