Aldora Divers port closure survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4kafka

Contributor
Reaction score
Aldora Divers has sent emails to its regular customers requesting feedback about recent port closures negatively impacting their visit to Cozumel. If you were the unfortunate victim of these port closures,seemingly unrelated to weather, please respond.

I have over 80 Cozumel immigration stamps in my 3rd passport over 25 years. I have found that over the years whoever the harbor master was their closures were strange many times. This new one ( I think less than a year) is no different. Maybe cautious because he's new, but I don't think so. I'm sure as a political appointee he has no clue what the weather and tide patterns are around Cozumel.
No matter how we complain it won't change. History repeats itself.

At age 68 hard to change my ways. In my prime years it was not sexist to assume - he. Now He or She is not politically correct either. So lets be correct and say "Person"
I read to many Cat in the Hat books, watcher to many Sea Hunt episodes and others

It not unusual when a port get a new port Captain in Mexico, for them to to show that there a new sheriff in town. A port Captain on the west coast stopped all gringos from working on their boats, including oil changes. it lasted about a month, but everybody learn that the new port Captain was in charge.

I’m confused, this is about the recent port closure - right? The weather didn’t seem seem too windy to close the port today in my opinion, borderline at best. I don’t care if the port authority is a he, she or whatever but it does seem like the port shuts down way to cautiously. Safety is a good thing but seems too be way over the top.

We were shut down yesterday due to port closure and currently we are waiting to see if today it will open, I heard that many of the dive shops staged a protest yesterday outside of the port captains home. They said she never came out.

Yes port is closed again and yes there was a protest yesterday!

Wind gusts to 24Kts is pretty high. This is what Windguru is saying today for CZM! Although the wind is out of the East?

Back
Top Bottom