El Moro needs help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate to ask how many other favorite restaurants in Cozumel, not to mention dive ops, are also on the brink of closing.
There was a lot of quiet desperation in the early fall but then things started looking up, then the pre-flight Covid testing came in several months back. I understand the last several months were bleak for tourism.

There was a lot of quiet desperation in the early fall but then things started looking up, then the pre-flight Covid testing came in several months back. I understand the last several months were bleak for tourism.

I see. What I meant was that if GoFundMe is the only way to keep businesses on life support, I don't have enough money to help all of them that I would like to. El Moro, though. We were only there once, on our last trip, but the place made an impression on us as somewhere we would make a regular stop.

Does anyone know if there is a way to send money through the mail to them (El Moro) I have peso's left from last trip that I would gladly give them.

Does anyone know if there is a way to send money through the mail to them (El Moro) I have peso's left from last trip that I would gladly give them.

Don’t send money through the mail. International mail into Mexico is notoriously unreliable in the first place , chances of mail with money actually making it to them are near zero.

If someone knows them well, they should set up some sort of go fund me . If that isn’t an option , if you guys can commit to donation amounts I will front the money and give it to them first week in April and get a picture showing I gave it to them (including names of donors and amounts). You can then send me via venmo or US mail whatever amounts you promised after I have shown El Moro received the money (I will obviously scubaboard shame you if you stiff me after I have fronted whatever you have promised ). Obviously this only works for relatively small amounts totaling less than 1,500 USD or so. I am not going to front thousands and run the risk of getting stiffed by people I have never met. Once again , if someone wants to do a gofundme and leave me out of it have at it.

I don’t really know them btw . El Moro is a good restaurant, but historically hasn’t been on my go to list ( I ordered a true yucatecan dish my first time there decades ago and learned I don’t really like true yucatecan with ?chocolate ?mole sauce). I was eating there a little more frequently before Covid hit and eating one of the many other dishes they serve that I actually like

FB posts say that the pleas have helped business tremendously.

Don’t send money through the mail. International mail into Mexico is notoriously unreliable in the first place , chances of mail with money actually making it to them are near zero.

If someone knows them well, they should set up some sort of go fund me . If that isn’t an option , if you guys can commit to donation amounts I will front the money and give it to them first week in April and get a picture showing I gave it to them (including names of donors and amounts). You can then send me via venmo or US mail whatever amounts you promised after I have shown El Moro received the money (I will obviously scubaboard shame you if you stiff me after I have fronted whatever you have promised ). Obviously this only works for relatively small amounts totaling less than 1,500 USD or so. I am not going to front thousands and run the risk of getting stiffed by people I have never met. Once again , if someone wants to do a gofundme and leave me out of it have at it.

I don’t really know them btw . El Moro is a good restaurant, but historically hasn’t beenmk on my go to list ( I ordered a true yucatecan dish my first time there decades ago and learned I don’t really like true yucatecan with ?chocolate ?mole sauce). I was eating there a little more frequently before Covid hit and eating one of the many other dishes they serve that I actually like

I think we should shower them with cards of support, if you would be willing to deliver them, I don't think its necessary that you front the money. I would be glad to send you a card with money in it for you to deliver. Who is in?!

You can then send me via venmo or US mail whatever amounts you promised after I have shown El Moro received the money (I will obviously scubaboard shame you if you stiff me after I have fronted whatever you have promised ).

If this happens count me in for $20usd.

What El Moro needs is business, not charity, and I am happy to read on FB that the pleas have been filling the restaurant. I'll make sure to eat there when I get to the island next as the food is great, but I never liked sending money to people on Gofundme, etc.
I've been sending money to Rhonda Penzell for Cozumel Caritas for months. I am glad that they use it to help many.

As someone who offered to help, with charity, I feel the need to interject. What they need is MONEY, from any source... through selling food/ drinks or through charity. With that... I think the ideal situation is for the owner to come on some sort of forum (FB, SB, youtube, ect) and make a pitch to sell gift cards... Then they get a quick influx of capital, and hopefully the burden of fulfilling the obligation will be spread out over the next 6,12, or 18 months... once they make it through this crazy time, everything can go back to normal... their business stays afloat, and people have an opportunity to offer a helping hand, and not charity...

What El Moro needs is business, not charity, and I am happy to read on FB that the pleas have been filling the restaurant. I'll make sure to eat there when I get to the island next as the food is great, but I never liked sending money to people on Gofundme, etc.
I've been sending money to Rhonda Penzell for Cozumel Caritas for months. I am glad that they use it to help many.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom