Brixham fatality - Devon county, England

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Man has died off coast of Brixham in major sea rescue | ITV News
The death is not being treated as suspicious.Credit: BPM Media

A man has died after being pulled from the water off the coast of Brixham.

Emergency services were seen at Breakwater beach following reports of a missing diver.

Devon and Cornwall Police this morning confirmed that a man in his 40s was recovered from the water and pronounced dead on Tuesday (16 March).

His death is not being treated as suspicious.A spokesperson said: "Police were tasked to assist the coastguard at around 8.50pm last night, Tuesday March 16, after a report of a missing diver off the coast of Brixham."A man in his 40s was recovered from the water and pronounced deceased. His death is not being treated as suspicious. His next-of-kin has been informed."

Attachments

• BPM_MEDIA_-_Emergency_services_in_Brixham_last_night__-_01.jpg
    BPM_MEDIA_-_Emergency_services_in_Brixham_last_night__-_01.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 84
The artcle snippet posted certainly makes sure every one of their readers unequivocally knows that the incident / accident is not 'suspicious'.

Standard uk police speak...

It's my local club training beach, maybe 9 metres max and about as benign as any dive site could be. I'm organising a get-back-in-the-water club dive there over the Easter weekend. A very good chance I know the deceased but still waiting on the authorities to release the name.

Weather conditions were reasonable but viz would have been around 2m. Night dive I think.

Back
Top Bottom