Dutch scuba fans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaaf! Nu begin ik toch te twijfelen of een droogpak niet wat hoger op de wensenlijst moet.
Als je na een duik je wetsuit uittrekt, en ondertussen kijkt naar iemand die z'n rits open doet, waarop die persoon droog en warm uit zijn droogpak stapt, dán moet je daar eens aan denken.

Het mooiste is om die dag 2 duiken te maken: de droogpakduiker stapt gezellig kletsend weer in zijn pak en sluit de rits. En jij kijkt naar je half opgedroogde natpak, dat in elk geval heel frisjes zal aanvoelen op het moment dat je erin stapt....

Droogpak uitproberen?

Het klinkt zeker aantrekkelijk, en mogelijk het najaar maar eens gaan proberen. Na wat maanden niet hebben kunnen duiken, lijkt verder gaan waar ik gebleven ben me verstandiger om weer even de routine te krijgen, meer duiken te loggen en dan hopelijk het jaar rond te kunnen gaan duiken!

I was born in Holland. Unfortunately left the country when I was two and didn't come back because of the oil embargo. Also unfortunate is that my father didn't teach us Dutch as my parents were concerned that we needed to know English well enough to do well in schoo. Those were the early 1970s.

But I am determined to make sure my daughter learns Dutch.

I was born in Holland. Unfortunately left the country when I was two and didn't come back because of the oil embargo. Also unfortunate is that my father didn't teach us Dutch as my parents were concerned that we needed to know English well enough to do well in schoo. Those were the early 1970s.

But I am determined to make sure my daughter learns Dutch.

Interesting story! Dutch last name, Greek first name, based in Seattle? Really want to visit that city btw!
If your daughter does SCUBA too, you can send her here, so we can help you with your goal of learning her Dutch!

Interesting story! Dutch last name, Greek first name, based in Seattle? Really want to visit that city btw!
If your daughter does SCUBA too, you can send her here, so we can help you with your goal of learning her Dutch!
I have made it clear to my father that I want my daughter to speak some Dutch before we visit family. She’s not yet a year and a half so there is time. I do look forward to diving her one day, but many years still. It is important to me that she learns Dutch to regain her heritage as language is always a big part of culture. We do plan on moving to Europe. I plan to open a dive center in Greece but we have not decided where to live in the off-season as I will continue my career in IT consulting.

I have made it clear to my father that I want my daughter to speak some Dutch before we visit family. She’s not yet a year and a half so there is time. I do look forward to diving her one day, but many years still. It is important to me that she learns Dutch to regain her heritage as language is always a big part of culture. We do plan on moving to Europe. I plan to open a dive center in Greece but we have not decided where to live in the off-season as I will continue my career in IT consulting.

Awesome! Keep us posted on the Greek adventure, beautiful country to visit! You might try apps as Duolingo, very playfull but still a nice way to get some basic feeling for the language.

Awesome! Keep us posted on the Greek adventure, beautiful country to visit! You might try apps as Duolingo, very playfull but still a nice way to get some basic feeling for the language.
I should have thought about Duolingo. I have the Pilsner series for learning Dutch. The problem is I don't have a good ear for languages, so some of the lessons I just have tremendous difficulty.

Anyway, I plan on opening a dive center on Naxos. I know the oldest surviving sponge diver from Kalymnos who gave me a rough description on where I can find unreported shipwrecks. My hopes it to find them on a rebreather and dive scooter. I suspect it will be rather difficult, a bit of a needle in a haystack. I'll then report and hope to work with the Ephorate of Underwater Antiquities to survey the wrecks. I'll forfeit all rights to the compensation that is in Greek law in order to faciliate cooperation. I figure it will be great marketing for my dive center.

Amazing, can't wait to visit Greece again! At that time, I'll surely look at Naxos :wink:

This weekend my LDS held a drysuit speciality course...I really wanted to do this, but figured getting some more routine and trying it the end of the year with a little more dives under my belt would be better....
and if that rationale was not enough...the severe cold I'm having was reason enough to not join...so sadly still no dives in 2021...can't wait till the water temp starts to rise!

Eastern Scheldt, fun/experience dive, max depth 41 meter, 100 minutes dive time.

Ik kom uit de diving capital Amsterdam. M'n enige duikervaring in NL is beperkt tot het zwembad en de Vinkeveense plassen. In het zwembad vind je veel haarbandjes en met veel geluk een pleister. In de Vinkeveense plas ligt een bus, maar ook een wipkip.
Ik vind de Rode Zee ook wel mooi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom