Inner Tube For Tank Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addison Snyder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there a tried and true inner tube people recommend for tank band use? I'd prefer not to pay 4-8 bucks every time they tear or wear out. I'd buy a random wheelbarrow tube, but I don't know the size, how elastic they are, etc.

Any recommendations (preferably a link to a product) would be helpful. Mostly searching for something that will fit to 7.25/8" diameter tanks.

Would recommend buying the UWLD ones and being done with it.

Yeah, no. Want something I can just have lying around and cut when I need to, that doesn't cost a fortune for 10 of them. I have a few specialty made ones like those, hate em. They're too tight, and from the experiences of others, they wear out and get too loose. I prefer the rubbery ones.

I have some from light monkey, DGX and diverite. I wouldn't mind having a source for additional as well.

I'd suggest getting ones made out of EPDM. It lasts far longer than the rubber innertubes and they aren't that much more expensive in the grand scheme of things. They grip, are stretchy but also stand up well to temperature, the environment, salt, etc.

Go and grab yourselves some EPDM strip from the rubber shop and
have a stitcher, stitch it together with a webbing loop of your design

or an EPDM loop

I have heard of using motorcycle inner-tube for the bands on stage bottles. not sure if they will work for 40s and 80s alike.

need different sizes for deco tanks vs stages. main problem with tire inner tubes is most are still standard rubber, which doesn't hold up as well long term as epdm. bungee cord loops is the other option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom