French Polynesia Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Jastrzebski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone knows what's going on with this boat, is it available for booking by a single diver? And if not how can I get on that boat?

They halted their operations in French Polynesia. I believe the boat (that was repaired after it ran aground) has been transported to another destination and is operating under a different Master name now.

I know a number of people that dived on it and you won't be missing out. I never heard a positive review about the operation (bad safety practices, DMs/crew that didn't know the dive sites well so not great diving, musty cabins, bad food, crew that just wasn't too happy). You are better off doing land-based diving in the Tuamotos anyway and using dive shops that understand the local system of tides and sites etc. A Tuamotos Air Pass will let you do some island hopping if you want to hit up different places - I have dived Rangiroa and Fakarava and when I go back, I will just stay in Fakarava (love it).

Are there any news around this? The ship is currently for sale in Tahiti. Does anyone know why there are so few (only 1) liveaboard operators in French polynesia?

Are there any news around this? The ship is currently for sale in Tahiti. Does anyone know why there are so few (only 1) liveaboard operators in French polynesia?
Cost is very high to operate vessels in FP.

Back
Top Bottom