Indonesia closed for foreigners 01 - 14 January 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm. We paid a bundle to White Manta for a lob in June 2022. Not looking good?

Hmmm. We paid a bundle to White Manta for a lob in June 2022. Not looking good?

I think it’s looking much better than our (group of 7) trip on White Manta in August 2021, also with our (another group of 7) trip in February 2022.

So much for Siladen in March 2022. :(

So much for three weeks in Lembeh and Bunaken etc in April 2022. Rescheduling on Monday. Doubt that my Philippines trip will happen either in 22.

Target is to open Bail again for foreign tourism in April 2022. And probably Bali will be the first part of Indonesia to open.

That's very bad news. Komodo and Raja Ampat are big dive destinations, with trips booked well in advance, and travel arrangements to/from and within Indonesia (e.g.: airfare and hotel stays) need to be booked well in advance. A lot of people are booked for late 2021/early 2022. And must then ask...what to do now?

I guess we’re lucky that the earliest we could rebook for Raja Ampat was 2023. (We were scheduled to be there now). But whether any of the resorts, dive ops, or liveaboards will be in business after such a long shutdown is an open question. So sad!

Not good news. Was hoping for an earlier opening. Have flights in a week that I have been trying to move to next fall. The resorts I wanted were already fully booked for October 2021. Will need to rethink!

I don’t have Instagram so I can’t open the link. Is April 3022 a typo? Should it be April 2021?
I think you might be right. Other recent interviews with the minister seem to be talking about opening Bali “soon” (as you posted while I was typing). 2022 is not soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom