Is it possible to travel responsibly (during a pandemic)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was in the Air Force, I was required to maintain a "World Wide Deployable" status. Part of that was that once a year, I had to take my Record of Vaccinations book into the base clinic and get and shots I needed. These were then recorded in the book. If you had to deploy, or even if you went somewhere remote on vacation, this book would prove you had your shots. When it comes time for me to get my vaccine, I might just bring in my "little yellow shot book".

app-ann2A-eng.gif

Getting close to go/no go decision time on my Aggressor reschedule from last June. Chances of being vaccinated before then...probably very low. Chances Aggressor will let me extend my voucher beyond the 1 year mark...probably very low. :(

Getting close to go/no go decision time on my Aggressor reschedule from last June. Chances of being vaccinated before then...probably very low. Chances Aggressor will let me extend my voucher beyond the 1 year mark...probably very low. :(
It's worth a shot. They've been very co-operative with rebooking our trips, at least one definitely beyond the one year mark at this point (Sssh :wink:).

I don’t know your situation but some in our area have been able to get their shots earlier than their group by calling around and getting on wait lists in case they have doses that need an arm.

It's worth a shot. They've been very co-operative with rebooking our trips, at least one definitely beyond the one year mark at this point (Sssh :wink:).
Thanks! I'll reach out and give it a shot. I know I can rebook the air, lodging, etc. but the Aggressor piece is obviously the most expensive piece by a long shot and I'd hate to just flush that down the drain with the vaccine being so close. I could go anyway, but we'd need another thread to discuss whether or not that's a responsible idea. :D

I don’t know your situation but some in our area have been able to get their shots earlier than their group by calling around and getting on wait lists in case they have doses that need an arm.
I have done some poking around, but so far it's not looking promising unless I just happen to be standing in a drug store that is about to trash 100 doses.

I have done some poking around, but so far it's not looking promising unless I just happen to be standing in a drug store that is about to trash 100 doses.
It is interesting how the different areas of the US have different time frames for the vaccine. Just this morning I heard that a nearby county has opened up their vaccine to group 4 and here in NC you are not restricted to your county.

It is interesting how the different areas of the US have different time frames for the vaccine. Just this morning I heard that a nearby county has opened up their vaccine to group 4 and here in NC you are not restricted to your county.
Yep. I pre-registered for the vaccine, but we're still working through the groups that include first responders, nursing homes, people with underlying health issues, seniors, etc. I'm part of some follow on wave that nobody knows when it will start. I shot an email to Liveaboard.com asking if they would get with Aggressor and see if I could postpone my voucher for another 3-6 months until I can get a vaccine. Fingers crossed..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom