Dive Optix stick-on lenses falling off!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sebtdi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anyone knows a better adhesive than the one in the kit? The lenses come off only after a few dives, even if I follow the instructions diligently. Other than that they do the job. I was thinking of clear gorilla glue but just not sure will work under water. thanks!

8EC9267E-1A1B-48D5-A297-2CDD32444F1D.jpeg

3E7B56D1-89F3-4AD6-A944-95D7D8996B25.jpeg

I’ve used clear silicone sealer, like bathtub caulking stuff. It is nearly impossible to remove once it fully cured so make sure to get it where you want it and leave it alone for a few days.

Did you try the glue on a scrap piece of glass to see if it is really clear on glass? If you have 2 scrap pieces of glass, try to glue each together to see how clear it is. After wards place it in a bucket of water

I also use clear silicone, but I just put it around the perimeter. I apply it with a toothpick. I've been using Dive Optx for at least 15 years and they work great as long as I silicone the perimeters.

Great - I ordered a bunch of microscope glass to do testing samples with different glues/silicones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom