Swagelock QC6 source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does CJEN stand for rjack? Also my Se7en’s BOV has the built in ADV, as I’m sure you know. Even de-tuned as much as allowed, it triggers fairly easy dropping fast with my BMCLs ! Hence a sliding shut off at my BOV. Please educate me on this, as I respect your knowledge Sir.
Thanks, Craig

Carol Erik Josef Nyberg, founder of the company and patented a QD in the 60's I think.

Lol, I wouldn’t have guessed that in a hundred years lol
As @tbone1004 said, its a high flow BC type nipple connector - the one shown in your picture. They are finicky and inconsistent - which is why the QC6 is used for high flow connections instead, despite its much larger size.

Your ADV is *supposed* to fire when you're dropping fast. People have died from having shutoffs on BOs and BOVs.

As @tbone1004 said, its a high flow BC type nipple connector - the one shown in your picture. They are finicky and inconsistent - which is why the QC6 is used for high flow connections instead, despite its much larger size.

Your ADV is *supposed* to fire when you're dropping fast. People have died from having shutoffs on BOs and BOVs.
In an emergency- totally 100% makes sense, thank you.

For anyone curious, particularly @rjack321
The stems are available directly from Swagelok. They have an irritating 6-week lead time, but they are a stock part.

SS-QC6-D-6ST is the stem with 9/16-18 male fittings on them and are ~$80 each as of today. This sorts out the whip leads directly with no adapters and is likely the part that are being resold by Fathom/Light Monkey, etc.

@vioch you were correct. These just came in and I was blissfully hoping they'd fit. Alas, they do have to be bored out so hopefully @herman is in a good mood the next time I come up to Raleigh and will bored them out for me. The good news is that the stem side at least separates with an o-ring fitting between it and the actual stem so it should be a very quick job to bore out and clean them up

Not a problem, I need you to look at some compressor stuff anyway.

If you are still needing some. I have a few around. $85 per set shipped to a commercial address in the contiguous United States. I will ship anywhere for a reasonable fee.
158576466_276495560746602_8927701548518779382_n.jpg

Nice! What adapter fittings would these need for standard lp hoses?

Nice! What adapter fittings would these need for standard lp hoses?
That is a loaded question.
I can supply them with adapters for $115 shipped. That is a male and a female ready to screw onto a standard LP scuba hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom