how many pairs of fins do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My PA dive buddy dives a Santi flex boots and her F1s Regular fit her well. She is a size 7 US It was actually her F1s that I borrowed to demo, a few years ago, to see if I should buy a pair because I was not getting much distance in my Jet fins.

My F1s are actually being used by a FL dive buddy of mine, who dives a Santi flex boot and she is a 6.5 US size. She likes the F1s because she is getting more distance in them than in her Jef fins. F1s fit her fine, as well.

Are you sure you have the regular and not a larger size F1?

They certainly have regular written on them but I have wondered if they were labeled wrong on more than one occasion as my friends large seem to fit the same. I'll measure them side by side. Thank you.

Force Fin Pros
Mares Quatro
RK3's
Deep 6 Eddies :chicken:

I don't know, I just liked the dancing chicken.

Deep 6 Eddy - good for travel but after this thread, more to come!

Considering, OMS Slipstream, Avanti Quattro & Dive Rite XT

Technically 2, but really only one.

Mares plana avanti quattro's.

Was given a pair of twin jet max's the SS spring straps from which are now on my quattros while the max's sit in my locker.
Since 2012 things have changed up a little, but are kind of the same.

I still have the twin jet max's sitting in my locker. Although they did come in handy after I sprained my knee a few years back.

I lost one of my quattros and got a pair of power planas to replace them. Loved them in the drysuit, until I lost one, but wasn't as happy with them in a wetsuit as I had been in the Quattros. Replaced them with another pair of quattros (I couldn't find an PP in XL here in little Chile). And am on the look out for another pair of XL Power Planas before winter rolls in, or better yet a single if somebody else has one to sell.

I'm also on the lookout for a pair of small light fins to use in the pool with classes now. I'll probably just end up with some carpy $20 snorkeling fin.

In summary I now have:
1 like new pair of 10 or 11 year old Scubapro twin jet max (one w/SS spring the other with a Mares bungee)
1 newish pair of Mares Avanti Quatros with bungees
1 single mares avanti quatro with no strap (thoroughly scratched I've had it since 1996)
1 single Mares Power Plana with no strap

I guess that means I have 2 and 2 half pairs?

Avanti Quattro for now, but soon to add Deep6 Eddy Fins!

After trying some Power Planas and Jets, I was to add the form-factor to my arsenal, but without the negative buoyancy.... (Tropical diver, no wetsuit or 3mm full at most)

I keep coming back to ...
THE JETS!

I have an XL for wetsuits and XXL for drysuits.
One Deep 6 Eddy for neutral buoyancy fin.

In total ... 3 pairs.

• Mares Volos - floppy mess, sold to me for my OW class, in a box for 15 years
  • Mares SuperChannel full foots - powerful, great for tropical diving, becoming hard to pack as baggage limits get tighter
  • Scubapro Go Sports - good all-rounder, my son is currently using them
  • Force Fins Pro - my new general purpose fins

xl jet fins
xl jet fins
carbon freedive fins
new xxl jet fins
old xxl jet fins
RK3's
F1's
oms slipstreams (as a lighter warm water travel fin)
force fins (but only because they were nearly free and I wanted to test them)
rocket fins (mostly used for rubber glue adhesion experiments)
old oceanic paddles that just won't die
maybe 5 pairs of cheap crappy fins for snorkeling loaners

I have a serious problem. I need to get rid of some fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom