Cheap flight to Manila until mid Dec 2021.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just saw this. But I await D_Fresh telling me he has seen any activity for foreigners. Especially for 50-60 days from now....

Scandi Divers
February 26 at 9:28 PM ·

"Great News reaching us from the Mayor's office and the COVID task force in Manila.
You won't need any paperwork or swab test to travel from Manila to Puerto Galera. Public boat transfers from Batangas port are planned to start on the 15th March.
What are you waiting for, book a trip today!
info@scandidivers.com"

Only good to those who are already in the country.
Vaccination is on going in HK but there is nothing to prove that you have taken the shot.
The pathetic HKSAR Gov still has no plan to implement any official documentation, electronic or paper, to those who have taken the bother to vaccinate. Absolutely useless except kowtow to Peking. Bunch of clueless, gutless, spineless son of beaxx or whorx.

Just saw this. But I await D_Fresh telling me he has seen any activity for foreigners. Especially for 50-60 days from now....

Scandi Divers
February 26 at 9:28 PM ·

"Great News reaching us from the Mayor's office and the COVID task force in Manila.
You won't need any paperwork or swab test to travel from Manila to Puerto Galera. Public boat transfers from Batangas port are planned to start on the 15th March.
What are you waiting for, book a trip today!
info@scandidivers.com"

It is good news that domestic tourism is opening up some, but still only applies to domestic travel within the country, as Centrals pointed out.

I do, personally, know of six foreigner who have been allowed entry with "Tourist Visa", but their process was long and had to be justified. Most are married to Filipinas but without spousal visas. Instead, they applied for an exception at the PH Embassy in their region, and received the stamp in their passports before departure to PH. (I believe this would work even if the spouse is re-entering PH as a Balikbayan, but the foreigner's stamp must already be present in the passport before arrival)

Also, if one can justify a visa for work purposes, you're good.

COVID-19 Vaccine Roll Outs in ASEAN & Asia – Live Updates by Country

Vaccination in the country starts in June if the report is accurate!!!!!
And still has over 2000 new cases per day!!!!!!

COVID-19 pandemic in Metro Manila - Wikipedia

2022 most likely for me.

I believe any nation who is offering vaccination should provide official documentation as a prove. So the bearer could use it to travel. Forgery receives heavy fine and prison term.
My friend in Bohol got her shot a few days ago.

Very good.
So it was not June as reported.
Has the Gov released any figure on number of Pinoys received the vaccination daily?
The population is about 100m in the country. And this will take quite a while to inoculate most of them.

EU Vaccine Certificate Could Open Door to Russian, Chinese Shots

Something like this.

Not in a dashboard format (yet?), but the "official" DOH numbers can be somewhat tracked from the following page of press releases and updates from the dept.

Department of Health website

Tourist visa is not likely to resume until the medical authorities in the Philippines see enough progress with Covid-19 cases. I watched a speech where President Duterte made it clear that he felt the risk of overwhelming available health services was too great in a country that couldn't afford it financially.

Tourist visa is not likely to resume until the medical authorities in the Philippines see enough progress with Covid-19 cases. I watched a speech where President Duterte made it clear that he felt the risk of overwhelming available health services was too great in a country that couldn't afford it financially.
Average about 2500-3500 daily new cases for many months which is most puzzling!
Cases not reported or suspected because of lack of facility to verify them?
I have more or less given up the idea of visiting the country this yr!
PITY.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom