Card you’re most proud of earning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me it would be ice diver.
Anyone else?
PADI deep end of the swimming pool specialty certification.

DM (which gave me valuable structure and theory) followed by SDI Solo (which gave me independence).

PADI Tech 40.

It was the first comprehensive SCUBA course I have taken. The rest were glorified participation trophies. Don't get me wrong, they are all well worth the effort as all divers should be trained following approved curriculum. They were too piecemeal for me. Too much bait'n'switch. OW is a training wheel certification. I found out after, that that's what it was.

For me, I like a longer and more comprehensive process that is honest about what you need to accomplish and learn.

PADI Tech 40 was interesting, challenging, and fun.

cheers,
markm

PADI Rescue course run by an ex-RN Marine when I lived in Jeddah. I really worked for that cert.

YMCA open water cert. My first cert from the late 70s. To date still the most thorough and comprehensive training to date.

I was really proud when I got the Divemaster card, way back when, but my top card for pride is Coral Identification Instructor: I developed the course and wrote the Instructor Manual, worked it through the approval process at PADI as a Distinctive Specialty, produced a student manual available on Lulu, made up waterproof flash cards, and have taught it to dozens of students. The great thing about Coral ID compared to Fish ID, is the coral does not swim away while you are looking at it. Even better, as an instructor returning to the same place year after year (like Buddy Reef in Bonaire), you know just where to find some of the less common species to show to the students.
I remember teaching a marine PHD to identify up to 50 species of hard coral. Their specialty was in algae. This was part of a Raleigh International expedition in Belize.

CMAS 3*.

OWD got me diving, AOWD was a stepping stone, RD was physically challenging and taught me a lot. But my 3* certified me as a competent club diver, able to lead a club outing and to handle most normal challenges during a trip. And it taught me a lot, as well.

PADI deep end of the swimming pool specialty certification.
PADI get out of the car walk to the bluff and observe ocean conditions card. For an extra cost they will throw in a “carry your gear to the beach” specialty endorsement.

Solo diver, first course I saw folks not pass. Rescue was challenging but solo was earned, if that makes sense.
Need clarification-- Rescue wasn't earned and Solo not challenging?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom