Trip Report Cozumel Diving 21 - 26 Feb 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like a nice trip. How did you manage the COVID and travel aspects of your trip? Any problems?

Sounds like a nice trip. How did you manage the COVID and travel aspects of your trip? Any problems?

I live here permanantly. My reports are going to be all diving. Parking at the marina can be a pain :D.

I live here permanantly. My reports are going to be all diving. Parking at the marina can be a pain :D.
I would love to share that pain right about now:thumb:

More Photos

Scorpionfish
View attachment 644885

Reef wall

View attachment 644886

Swim Through

View attachment 644887

Southern Stingray

View attachment 644888

Splendid Toadfish

View attachment 644889

Spotted Eagle Ray

View attachment 644890

Spotted Eagle Rays

View attachment 644891

Spotted Eagle Ray

View attachment 644892

Spotted Eagle Ray. I went down to 100' for this one but he did not leave. I was told as I left it followed me up.

View attachment 644893

Tunicate

View attachment 644894

I feel real bad that you were followed by eagle ray. Real, real bad. . Nice shot.

I would love to share that pain right about now:thumb:

My friends in Ontario are dying to get out. There are no flights now (to Cozumel) and and we were hoping maybe if they have vaccinations they can have an easier time for quarantines on their return (to save their jobs). Wishful thinking maybe?

I'm patiently waiting my turn for the vaccine. Then I'm planning a trip for sure! Thanks for the pix to tide me over.

Double mask at airport and on plane and let Dale pick me up at airport to avoid the shuttle. Hotel staff all masked and arranged for covid testing 2 days before depart at no cost. Return was a bit unsettling as Cozumel airport departure area is to small for proper distancing and had 4 planes waiting to board. Somewhat relieved that everyone must have tested negative or would not be in waiting area.
Agent at check in did not check our test paperwork however and said they would check at US arrival ICE. At Chicago ICE did not check, just scanned passport and took picture.

PS got 1 shot 3 weeks ago getting 2nd tomorrow 3/3/2021. the advantage of being over 65

My friends in Ontario are dying to get out. There are no flights now (to Cozumel) and and we were hoping maybe if they have vaccinations they can have an easier time for quarantines on their return (to save their jobs). Wishful thinking maybe?

The current official timeline is that all of us wanting vaccinations, should be vaccinated by September - October, perhaps earlier if things go well. The next hurtle will be the elimination of the expensive government quarantine policy on international travellers. Once this policy goes away, flights to Cozumel should resume. November maybe?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom