New USA cdc requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would make sense for Mexico to require tests, not for USA. The rate of new cases is 4 times higher here.

Mexico: 14,395 new cases, 115 per million
USA: 151,107 new cases, 458 per million.

By total number of cases, Mexico is No 97 with 12,001 per million; USA is No 7 with 70,861.

By number of active cases, USA: 28,003 per million. Mexico: 1,938 per million.

So this is a typical bureaucratic knee-jerk response. They pretend to do something but actually shift the hardship on us but do nothing themselves.
Since many if not most cases result in no or minimal symptoms the 'total number of cases' number is likely a direct result of how many tests are taken. Does anyone think Mexico has the resources to test large numbers of its citizens who are asymptomatic?

I'm booked on the aggressor III in be Belize in February. They have contracted with a medical facility to meet the boat when it returns on Friday noon. All guess will be tested and get the the results back later that day plus I need a negative test 92 hours before I leave for Belize. I've already been to Turks and Caicos twice (both LB's) in the last six months with no problems. Aggressor is considered a "Gold Standard Operator" so they have priorities with testing.

OK I work at an airport. Unless you have a positive test result you have to come to work or not get paid. Everyone here is 'exposed' regularly and my coworker who was around other co-workers who subsequently tested positive got a test over his weekend, because he is a stand-up guy and wanted to do the right thing. Since he had no symptoms he only qualified for the gold standard PCR test with a 2-5 day wait on results, no quick antigen test. 7 hours into the first day of his work week he got a call that he tested positive and needed to quarantine.
Hanging out for 2-5 days waiting for results is not a good option for everyone.
There are no easy answers or we wouldn’t be in this predicament. The “right” answer if you are exposed (less than 6 feet more than 15 minutes) is to quarantine. Few people followed this advice initially and probably no one is now.

An alternative is to be tested after a known exposure. Test can be done anytime after day 5 of exposure and must be the PCR test if it is done to avoid further quarantine. If negative then it can reduce quarantine to 7 days as long as the individual remains symptom free.

This is for the general public . It’s a little different for healthcare workers and workers in critical infrastructure. It is all very confusing even to those in healthcare so I can only imagine how difficult it must be for others.

Our contact time has been reduced to 10 minutes at 6 feet. Goggles have been added to making for patient facing care. I’m starting to double mask, cloth over KN95, for non N95 use, including public outings. I realize that I likely have immunity after getting my vaccination, but it’s more social modeling for everybody else who haven’t gotten the vaccine, either by choice or circumstance.

Since many if not most cases result in no or minimal symptoms the 'total number of cases' number is likely a direct result of how many tests are taken. Does anyone think Mexico has the resources to test large numbers of its citizens who are asymptomatic?
I have no idea what anyone thinks, but if you decided to quote me, why did you skip the "number of active cases per million" part?

And by the way, forget this "many if not most cases result in no or minimal symptoms" garbage. CDC has long changed its stance on the number of asymptomatic cases and now they claim much less, 40%. And among these 40%, 80% are pre-symptomatic, so they will develop signs of COVID-19 soon. A Korean study found even less asymptomatic carriers, 30%.

There are no easy answers or we wouldn’t be in this predicament. The “right” answer if you are exposed (less than 6 feet more than 15 minutes) is to quarantine. Few people followed this advice initially and probably no one is now.

An alternative is to be tested after a known exposure. Test can be done anytime after day 5 of exposure and must be the PCR test if it is done to avoid further quarantine. If negative then it can reduce quarantine to 7 days as long as the individual remains symptom free.

This is for the general public . It’s a little different for healthcare workers and workers in critical infrastructure. It is all very confusing even to those in healthcare so I can only imagine how difficult it must be for others.

Didn't know about the 7 day rule. Thx

Didn't know about the 7 day rule. Thx
No worries but again this is CDC guidance and the 14 days is still considered optimal. State or local health departments may continue to use the longer time frame.

Back
Top Bottom