Anyone used this crate system from Sidio?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SIDIOCRATE

As anyone seen or used these? In the eternal quest for SCUBA organization this seems interesting to me. Setting aside the cost, what do you think?
I like the looks of it. The dividers are nice. How much they cost?

I would absoultely buy 3 or 4 if the sides were higher. I love my light monkey crate, but I could never go shorter

SIDIOCRATE

As anyone seen or used these? In the eternal quest for SCUBA organization this seems interesting to me. Setting aside the cost, what do you think?

What does it solve differently at that price point?

At $20 each, the Rigid crates are nice for my uses. And, if I want to add other options, there are many different choices...

The half height crate was what I thought looked interesting. I have a 'big' crate already rigged with line and I've certainly used it... But I don't like it for dive boats either. Seems like a good plan until you show up at the boat and it doesn't fit under the seat. I'm not a fan of crates on dive boats even through a half height crate might fix that under-seat problem. But home to car to friends car to picnic table at a dive site might be good.

It seems like I've just got a lot of gear these days... and I'm just looking around to see if I could do a better job...

I'm typically carrying at least four sets of regulators around. Three lights and lots of batteries. A couple of spools and a couple of reels, couple of masks. That's before I even start to bring any actual spares...
Do you sidemount? Or tech dive?

Do you sidemount? Or tech dive?

I’ve never needed nor really desired to sidemount.... except while watching sidemount divers standing around in their harnesses casually having a snack on a boat. Unless sidemounting two or three bailout cylinders would made me a sidemount diver too? But I digress. I’m quite acquainted with the piles of gear needed to tech dive and seem to be unable to travel anywhere without enough regulators to outfit a cattle boat full of holiday divers.

I love using milk crates. I guess that our local dive boats are set up to accommodate them, and other types of boats (like warm water day boats) aren't. There is something so convenient about just being able to strip off wet gear, throw it in one place where it will be completely protected (unlike a bag) and organized, so you won't lose stuff or mix your stuff up with other people's gear.

I like the concept of the dividers, I guess it would be easy for someone with a 3D printer to make up an insert for a standard milk crate that wasn't so short (the one linked by the OP is too short for me). But then again, it has never seemed that important to organize stuff in a milk crate anyway, sort of like a solution in search of a problem.

Are you for real, a printer, what about some plastic cardboard a knife and cable ties ha ha ha
Unbelievable!
By the way, where did you purchase your milk crates

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom