Sucba Pro air 2 murky water affecting it. looking for another brand??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calabash digger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For who don't know I am diving black water and it has junk floating in it sand etc... I have two Scuba Pro Air 2 power inflators (one backup)and they keep free flowing in the field. I can clean them and they will work good for a few dives (sometimes)and it will start again. I am looking for another brand of Air 2 that can handle the sandy conditions... My buddy has a 14 year old sea quest that they don't make anymore and NEVER has these problems...Here is some of the water I am in..

I assume you don't have it in pre dive, can it be adjusted tighter?

You probably are a good candidate to use a bungled octo. The lpi should also be as short as possible, and bungled to shoulder...

Any air dumps if horizontal should by by the but dump.

No not dangling in mud... Power inflator works well in theory for what I do as it is very streamlined... I have been in trees and all kinds of crap and it pulled my regular octo loose on many occasions before I switched. I like my setup just need one that can handle the muck.The guys at my local dive have used Scuba pro for years and they told me the Scuba pro air 2 is very finicky in dirty water...

I was thinking about Atomic or another brand any suggestions?

Get an octo bungeed around your neck and use a normal inflator. That will:
1. Prevent your octo dragging/falling loose.
2. Make your octo easier to use than an air2 as it can be used while still having complete control over your inflator and associated dump at the same time.
3. A single hose failure will no longer make your primary inflation AND your backup air supply both inoperable.
4. A failure of the Air 2 will no longer mean your reg set AND your bcd are both inadequate for typical use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom