Tools for DIY reg service, kiss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Resorted and added to, from the list in the other Servicing Your Own Regs thread, attached is a list of (IMO) Essential, Desired and Luxury tools.
For $240, you buy what I consider the essential set (granted - for both first and second stages)
For $570 more, you can buy all the desirables, but that will accomodate multiple brands, and you might need less
For $1850, you can have almost everything.

Can you do this with a crescent wrench, a screwdriver, a pencil and a spoon? Yes.
Will your reg last 30 years? No.
Will it last the next dive? Ummm, opinions differ.

Attachments

• MinScubaToolList.xlsx
    16.3 KB · Views: 160
No idea how that tagged me instead of whomever james79 is... very strange

Autocracy on smart phone, you know the really really drunk friend that thinks it is actually being helpful.

No idea how that tagged me instead of whomever james79 is... very strange
Evidently SB thought you could either benefit from this thread or would have something to add to it. Welcome to the show!

So what are the tools divided into 3 categories with links for ones worth getting or better yet ones not to get. Simplified for us first timers.

1. Absolutely required
2. Not strictly required but makes things a lot easier
3. Purely luxury

I recommend googling your specific regulator. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that will show you not only how to service particular regs, but the tools needed, as well. (For example, the tools required to service my Poseidon Odin's are different than the tools required to service my Scubapro Mk 10 Balanced Adjustible's/G250's.)

rx7diver

I posted this in another thread but it might be useful to include it here:
Improvised Torque Wrench
I make my own picks out of brazing rod making a loop and taping it to provide a handle.
I’m sure this is worth looking at further, but the ads for toilet paper replacement that kept showing up with the line “Stop wiping your butt” detracted a bit. I’ll check it out again later because, like I said, I’m sure it is worth looking into.

Necessary... Work-mat, if you have a coffee table workbench. Nothing like working from the couch in front of the TV. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom