Shearwater Peregrine AI (sort of ... console mount)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is 1990's retro...

upload_2021-2-25_8-26-1.png

similarly, the compass mounts on top.....

I own one of these (with the compass). Wife loves it....

Actually, I can imagine the advantages of the Peregrine console for rental fleets. If you used wrist mounted Peregrines, you would, at a minimum, still have to have an SPG. You still wouldn't have a compass to use for any training related exercise. I would imagine that the students could find a way to misplace or otherwise abuse the wrist mounted unit. If it were all attached to the regulator set, that would be more difficult to do and you would have the SPG, computer, and compass, all in one place. At the end of the day, a quick disconnect would allow you to bring all of the consoles safely inside for recharging. The potential advantages of exposure to the Peregrine are pretty obvious. The operator has good control over the algorithm setting, I would imagine 40/85 would be most common, perhaps even 35/75. The students would have exposure to a first class computer and could be made aware of the other form factor. With a good experience, they may even buy one from the training operator.

The console is no uglier that many other triple consoles, Just because we would not use it, doesn't mean is not useful to others. I would much prefer to use a Peregrine over an Aqua Lung i300C, the most common computer I see in rental consoles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom