Mounting Leonardo or Puck Pro in existing console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Thanks for the input on my previous post about timers and DCs. I've decided to go with a DC and it's a tossup between the Leonardo and Puck Pro.

Both seem readily available as wrist computers but I'd really like to have the one I choose mounted in my gauge console in place of my existing pressure gauge.

Done some searches to find out if it can be done but can't find any good results. I do see that the leonardo can be had as a straight puck version but can't seem to find any dimensions to see if it would fit in my console.

Anyhow, are the wrist mounted ones readily removed from their straps and can they be put into a console?

Leo has a boot that it can be pried out of, I'm sure Puck as well. Whether the ridges and notches that hold them in place will match your console... I expect the safe assumption is "no".

I mounted two of my Leonardos in old Scubapro boots holding the SPG and the depth meter. They did fit quite well.
Here the two consoles:
acBvMIqz2GZm-MCA70QFulu-t5Od2666qzsbAOakf-BeTnHBaL67DBwRbuNZ9rdLn-Gzrg=w1272-h1694-no?authuser=0.jpg

oCGSgk1BE-NCQowBPQtXnC8GfXCUS3lE7ymkpAbdpElSHx0I4XiP6I3mY_I4GEeVGbLJAA=w1272-h1694-no?authuser=0.jpg

I'd really like to have the one I choose mounted in my gauge console in place of my existing pressure gauge.

I'm hoping you meant depth gauge....

Anyhow, from what I remember, the Puck is a somewhat proprietary shape, so I am doubting a console from someone else will work.

I'm not a fan of consoles anymore, but rather prefer to have the SPG clipped on my chest for easy view. PDC on wrist for quick view. No danglies or bulk....

YMMV

I'm hoping you meant depth gauge....

Yup, I still think of the depth gauge as I do altimeters...ambient pressure gauges...gotta change that! :oops:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom