Siargao Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YYCLuke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is there any other operators in the Siargao region besides Palaka?
We've never been to Siargao, but we are looking at possibly investing in the area (small resort/backpacker accommodation/dive shop eventually) and from what I can find there is only one shop open now. I'm aware it's primarily a surfing destination, but do people go there for diving too? What have been your experiences there, with the amounts of people and selection/quality of dive sites?
Siargao is on our list of possibilities, but it's one of the few places the wife and I have never been through so I thought the SB community might be a good place to turn to

Thanks in advance.

Never been to that part in the country but if I have the desire, inclination and money etc etc I would look at Camiguin.

Good luck to your adventure.

We got married in Camiguin, beautiful place. It was actually our first choice, just looking at other alternatives.
The only downsides to Camiguin is that there isn't much to do there. 2 days, 3 maybe and you have experienced most of the island. Even diving, there are only a few popular sites (sunken cemetery, black Forest, and a few on mantigue).
If I had US$1m I would have thought about buying the dive resort there that's for sale but that's way out of my range haha

Plenty of hiking trails on the Island of 7 volcanoes. Fresh water is never an issue with so muck good water cascading down the mountains.
Yes, diving is very ordinary.

Keep searching and good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom