Where to shop cells in the US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrespp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hello,

I am in Spain and used to get my cells from Narked at 90 in UK,but now with the Brexit need to look for alternative sources.

I use to travel once or twice per year to the USA, so wonder where quality cells can be purchased over there.

Thanks in advance,
Andres

DGX is the distributer for AI cells, so it won't get much cheaper/fresher than that.

Thanks, but I tried AI cells from DGX some years ago and quality was very low. Have they somehow improved?

DGX also sells actual rEvo cells. That is where I have been getting mine from for over a year now.

If there is a specific brand of cells you are interested in that could help us narrow your search.

DGX also sells actual rEvo cells. That is where I have been getting mine from for over a year now.

If there is a specific brand of cells you are interested in that could help us narrow your search.

not sure if this is a real clue, but I would like cells with same quality than Narked ones.

rEvo cells.... used them in the past with good results, it looked to me that are made by Vandagraph, like the Narked ones. Thanks for the info!

Besides, I also remember that tried Maxtec 305 cells (very slow, short lifetime) and Maxtec 305F (good response time, about 8 months of lifespan, but prone to give misreadings in 2+ hours dives -suspect that the metallic mesh on the sensing face is related to that fact-)

Vandergraphs are intermittently available but the only place who has had them is ISC. Given current shortages they will only sell to established Meg customers.

The AI ones seem to have improved compared to a few years ago, these are the most consistently available right now.

Thankfully you're looking for molex cells. The JJ and SF2 coax fitted cells are much rarer.

Hello,

I am in Spain and used to get my cells from Narked at 90 in UK,but now with the Brexit need to look for alternative sources.

I use to travel once or twice per year to the USA, so wonder where quality cells can be purchased over there.

Thanks in advance,
Andres
What does brexit have to to do with it? Is there duty and stuff involved so that getting things from GB that makes it cheaper to get cells from the US?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom