What is your preferred strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWT has not updated their firmware for the D3 yet.

TRT Electronics has updated for the D3 and is working with their trigger.

Yeah, we updated the TURTLE trigger, but anyway, because of the poor quality of Sea&Sea sensors, the fiber optic cable control with the LED triggers doesn't work with any kind of cables, just the really good ones. It's a typical problem with those strobes sadly.

Yeah, we updated the TURTLE trigger, but anyway, because of the poor quality of Sea&Sea sensors, the fiber optic cable control with the LED triggers doesn't work with any kind of cables, just the really good ones. It's a typical problem with those strobes sadly.

I only use 613 core cables from amazon ($40 each) and they work great with my 110a's, and I'm sure will with D3's in my future.

I only use 613 core cables from amazon ($40 each) and they work great with my 110a's, and I'm sure will with D3's in my future.
I wouldn't count on it, the evidence is that the sensor in the D2 & D3 is less sensitive than older strobes. Currently lots of posts on wet pixel with trouble triggering the D3 properly. You might be all right, but I would not have 100% confidence.

I wouldn't count on it, the evidence is that the sensor in the D2 & D3 is less sensitive than older strobes. Currently lots of posts on wet pixel with trouble triggering the D3 properly. You might be all right, but I would not have 100% confidence.

I know multiple people using the same cables with D2's and D2J's, so i'm not worried about it.

Seems most of the posts on wetpixel were about ttl triggers and strobe profiles.

That's what I am saying. I use a LED TTL trigger without issue.

The one person having the most issue hadn't installed their LED's all the way into the housing windows

I use S2000 and always use TTL never had a bad shot. I used to have just a single sea & sea YS-01 and found the TTL on that more unreliable, everynow and then i would get underexposed or a complete whiteout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom