Cheap alternative or guaranteed crap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arew+4

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have input? Supposed GN-32
Screenshot_20201230-074932.png

The review link says currently unavailable, which was the fate of their previous strobe which really ddn't work as designed. Unfortunately you tend to get what you pay for. If you have a smaller sensor camera look at the INON S-2000, affordable and very competent little strobe.

I have one of these strobes. Quit working after 4 or 5 dives. Sent back to Sea Frogs for repair (at my cost). Took ~3 months to return and that was after sending several emails trying to find out status. Based on the notes, the place in China that you mail it to has to send it to somewhere else to actually repair or replace. Worked on next 6 dives and then Covid resulted in me not diving for last 14 months. I use it in combination with an Inon 240Z in s-TTL mode; both cameras connected via fiber optics. The ST-100 only works in manual except for Nikon camera and wired connection to strobe (based on manual). It is still unclear to me if the ST-100 manual settings actually make any difference or if it simply does a full dump each time; I suspect it may be the latter. But I got my second Covid vaccine shot yesterday so plan to schedule a dive trip to Jupiter/West Palm Beach late this month or early March so I will do some testing to check this latter issue before I go.

[QUOTE=" It is still unclear to me if the ST-100 manual settings actually make any difference or if it simply does a full dump each time; I suspect it may be the latter. But I got my second Covid vaccine shot yesterday so plan to schedule a dive trip to Jupiter/West Palm Beach late this month or early March so I will do some testing to check this latter issue before I go.[/QUOTE]
that was the problem reported with the ST-100 previously, they stopped selling them for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom