regulator suggestions for stage tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi done with fundamentals phew....aftera week of rest im itching for another training.
Im planning to take tdi advance nitrox and tdi decompression procedures.

currently using scubapro mk25 and s600 on my twin tank. What model regulator for stage? For these classes. There are 2 good dealers here. Halcyon and scubapro. Yes theyre the same. But the halcyon is cheaper.... is it not a nightmare to mix brands? Do i really need mk25 or H75 ?i was thinking one of the lower models. mk17? Mk11? Mk21? H50? 2nd stage?

will probably take classes april or may. So i can still get dives in between. I live in the Philippines. A tropical country and can do dives every week

I bought a bunch of cheap used Mk20/25 (all upgraded with the adjustable IP) and G250HPs. With the mindset that they would be able to be used on as a bottom gas, deco gas, or swapped in if a back gas reg has an issue. Probably cost me about $1.5k for all three with service, setup, hoses, and new SPGs.

I would've bought Halcyon H75s, but I would've wanted either G250HPs, S600s, or other second stages compatible with that service kit. My ultimate goal will be to get all my regs to use the same service kits for the second stages, and have it down to a pistol reg and sealed diaphragm reg service kit.

I bought a bunch of cheap used Mk20/25 (all upgraded with the adjustable IP) and G250HPs. With the mindset that they would be able to be used on as a bottom gas, deco gas, or swapped in if a back gas reg has an issue. Probably cost me about $1.5k for all three with service, setup, hoses, and new SPGs.

I would've bought Halcyon H75s, but I would've wanted either G250HPs, S600s, or other second stages compatible with that service kit. My ultimate goal will be to get all my regs to use the same service kits for the second stages, and have it down to a pistol reg and sealed diaphragm reg service kit.

Oh wow.... im a bit of a newbie on tech stuff... theres a few din gears over here. Not a lot of tech divers. A few but havent heard of anyone selling. H75 and mk25 use the same service kit?

Oh wow.... im a bit of a newbie on tech stuff... theres a few din gears over here. Not a lot of tech divers. A few but havent heard of anyone selling. H75 and mk25 use the same service kit?

That was what I was told.

I had to convert two of the regs to DIN, though I only had to buy one conversion kits because at the same time I was switching my recreational reg back to yoke.

I'm not sure how well my strategy would work where you are. I spent a ton of time watching ebay. And I am still watching, as I have two more first stages to buy. But these aren't breathing regs (argon and for my oxygen tester) so I'm not as apt to spend as much of money.

That was what I was told.

I had to convert two of the regs to DIN, though I only had to buy one conversion kits because at the same time I was switching my recreational reg back to yoke.

I'm not sure how well my strategy would work where you are. I spent a ton of time watching ebay. And I am still watching, as I have two more first stages to buy. But these aren't breathing regs (argon and for my oxygen tester) so I'm not as apt to spend as much of money.
Ok i can do ebay. Takes time to arrive but... maybe get cheaper.... so buying used regs... factor in the overhaul right? Or how about the buy an sell in scubaboard?

i havent taken adv nitrox yet but... stage regs shud be oxygen cleaned? I assume that there will be Ean50 and 100% ?

You're new, save your money, pretty much any reg you can get serviced and O2 cleaned is fine.

Go on ebay and buy older mk25s/g250s. I was told not g250hp’s because they have some issues compared to g250s. These are regs from the 90s that still outperform many modern regs. If I was buying sp regs new I would just buy halcyon. It amazes me it’s literally a sp reg with different badges and they sell them cheaper. Not sure why sp would allow that.

ebay mk16/g250

Actually this comment made me realize I wrote the wrong first stage. I meant mk10s not mk25s. If I'm buying new I go mk25. If I'm going cheap I go mk10s. I actually like the mk10s better than 25s.
Mk 16 is good as well. I believe it's diaphragm not piston. I prefer piston since it's basically all I've ever used other than some apeks diaphragm regs I absolutely hate. I replaced the apeks (for my rebreather) with mk11s. But 20s or 25s are my faveys

Actually this comment made me realize I wrote the wrong first stage. I meant mk10s not mk25s. If I'm buying new I go mk25. If I'm going cheap I go mk10s. I actually like the mk10s better than 25s.
Mk 16 is good as well. I believe it's diaphragm not piston. I prefer piston since it's basically all I've ever used other than some apeks diaphragm regs I absolutely hate. I replaced the apeks (for my rebreather) with mk11s. But 20s or 25s are my faveys
it's diaphragm but the hose routing for stages is dreamy.
I have a ton of mk10s and mk25s as well. both are great

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom