Who is best for getting a new neck Zipseal installed on a DUI suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You want Zips, you have to go to DUI.The cost of doing busines....

You just need to make sure you hold them accountable for their work.

Just a heads up, some body types have issues with reaching tank valves with the SI tech search here and you'll find threads. If your in this body type you might want to go zip. That's why I did on my suit, zip neck si tech wrist.

You can get a full custom suit with replaceable seals for not much more than these repairs...

Just a heads up, some body types have issues with reaching tank valves with the SI tech search here and you'll find threads. If your in this body type you might want to go zip. That's why I did on my suit, zip neck si tech wrist.

I was one of the people that brought up that issue with the SiTech neck rings. Covered too much of my narrow shoulders which really limited arm movement. I have a DUI suit now with ZipSeals. The ZipSeal neck ring doesn’t get in the way like the SiTech did.

Send it to DUI. As others have posted, I’d be very surprised if they supply the suit side of the ZipSeals to anyone.

Tim will do the SI tech neck seal. He did for mine. If you want to see it before I ship it off for a zipper replacement and Rolocks gloves being mounted, let me know.

Where is Tim at?

I might just take a peek, thanks!

Anyone have recent experience with DUI's repair work quality?

I am leaning to the Zip Seal...I go through neck seals [from new to end] about every 8yrs +...guessing as I have never gone from start to finish with a neck seal. I sold my Flex 50/50 [had a new kid at the time] and I had 6yrs on it...and it still looked mostly new.

A buddy and myself sent our suits to Dive Right In and they did a great job installing neck and glove rings. Not DUI but the work quality was excellent on our Whites suits and turn-around was good.

OK, cost for DUI neck Zip Seal:

$100 for inspection [after $25 credit] and fixing up to 6 leaks
$221 for G1, silicone neck zip seal [includes install]
Shipping to/from Say $80
Tax? Say 10%
Total: $440

Si Tech Neck System:
$100 for neck system
$60 for silicone seal
Tax 10%
Total: $176 [plus glue and DIY]

If Dive Right In Scuba installs it:
$55 to inspect
$135 for labor only to install
$100 for neck system
$60 for silicone seal
Tax 10%
I'm not sure on shipping to/from as it said free shipping somewhere...let's say $40 to ship to, free to ship back
Total: $483

These are just a guess....and the savings would add up [depending on how many neck seals I go through] as the DUI neck Zip seal is $138 ea and the SI Tech compatible silicone neck seals are just $60 ea.

I have done some DIY work on my suit...removed, cleaned, re-installed both valves. I have glued on a pocket before. All worked fine. However, in this case...I would not mind the extra assurance that it will last a long time...provided they do a good job.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a DUI neck zip seal installed? Or has recent feedback on DUI's repair quality?

I am just not at the DIY mindset on this job....yet @happy-diversure appreciate the info and will have to consider it much more before making a final decision :D

Just an FYI...

Their website repair section lists all the SiTech neck rings but not the DUI ZipSeal neck ring.

That $138 you list is only for the DUI Zip neck seal. The suit side ring is separate.

Did they actually tell you can they can install the DUI neck ring?

My upgrade install was a couple years ago, just previously to Kathy Long leaving them. I did a huge overhaul (Zips, pads, zipper, and it had leaks to fix, and extra wrist and neck seals). I got it back, and it leaked! Complained, and they said it was fine. I don't give up.... I sent them (directly to Kathy who was not in that department) pictures of the seam threads poking through the interior of the newly applied seam sealant down in the socks.... Kathy stepped in and took care of it. They covered shipping both ways, and we negotiated a bit more compensation....

I hope that things have improved.... I have hear that they have.

Like I said, you need to hold them accountable to do it and/or make it right....

My next suit likely won't be one of theirs, but I do like the one I have (custom cut CF200x).

YMMV

Just an FYI...

Their website repair section lists all the SiTech neck rings but not the DUI ZipSeal neck ring.

That $138 you list is only for the DUI Zip neck seal. The suit side ring is separate.

Did they actually tell you can they can install the DUI neck ring?

Hi Marie13...I was quoting just the long term maintenance costs when I talked about the $138 for the DUI neck zip sesal.

@rhwestfall agreed...my next suit will not likely be a DUI. But, I am wary if I can find a good one, new for less than $1300 out the door with zip neck/wrist seals, hip pocket [yes, they can be glued on by myself], front entry, good valves, good fit, etc...maybe I can go up to $1500 but my family will be wanting $1500 in spa treatments in Legos to make things fair...

This one is a pretty rare suit...a bit older from about 2005...and in excellent shape. I am a bit concerned about the seams eventually leaking, sooner than later...and putting $450 into the suit now may not be smart. But, if I can sell it down the road for $5-800...that would help a lot towards a new suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom