Who is best for getting a new neck Zipseal installed on a DUI suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Dawson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings,

Around 2007, I had my sweet DUI Fkex 50/50 sent to DUI for new wrist and neck Zipseals installed. The glove seals were fine, the neck seal was very hacked up with terrible cuts, frayed fabric on the outer shell and glue everywhere to patch up the awful cuts.

Today, I have an older TLS350QZ suit from DUI that I love. The regular neck seal just tore a bit...it is due for a replacement. I want to get a Zipseal neck seal installed so I can replace them myself in the future quickly and easily.

However, I'm very nervous about sending my TLS350QZ into DIU for this job as my last neck Zipseal by them was terrible.

Anyone have a recommendation of where to send my suit for this job, please? Or is DUI doing the best work these days?

Bonus if the shop that dies this work does the 20 point inspection (or similar) that DUI insists you do.

Thanks In Advance!!

I know of two that might due this.

Dive right in scuba and divers cove in Essex CT. Both get repair work from all over.

The issue might be that DUI won't send them the parts (I heard this somewhere) so you might not have a choice, worth a couple phone calls though.

Also, if you go to the DUI website to begin a dryduiy service repair order...you MUST check off to add some sort of protective pad: BUTT, KNEE, etc (CF200 or Kevlar). No way around it that I saw...WTF?!

OK, cost for DUI neck Zip Seal:

$100 for inspection [after $25 credit] and fixing up to 6 leaks
$221 for G1, silicone neck zip seal [includes install]
Shipping to/from Say $80
Tax? Say 10%
Total: $440

Si Tech Neck System:
$100 for neck system
$60 for silicone seal
Tax 10%
Total: $176 [plus glue and DIY]

If Dive Right In Scuba installs it:
$55 to inspect
$135 for labor only to install
$100 for neck system
$60 for silicone seal
Tax 10%
I'm not sure on shipping to/from as it said free shipping somewhere...let's say $40 to ship to, free to ship back
Total: $483

These are just a guess....and the savings would add up [depending on how many neck seals I go through] as the DUI neck Zip seal is $138 ea and the SI Tech compatible silicone neck seals are just $60 ea.

I have done some DIY work on my suit...removed, cleaned, re-installed both valves. I have glued on a pocket before. All worked fine. However, in this case...I would not mind the extra assurance that it will last a long time...provided they do a good job.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a DUI neck zip seal installed? Or has recent feedback on DUI's repair quality?

I am just not at the DIY mindset on this job....yet @happy-diver...yet :wink: I sure appreciate the info and will have to consider it much more before making a final decision :D

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a DUI neck zip seal installed? Or has recent feedback on DUI's repair quality?

Just send it to DUI. I don't think they sell the suit side of a zip seal to anyone else.

OK, cost for DUI neck Zip Seal:

$100 for inspection [after $25 credit] and fixing up to 6 leaks
$221 for G1, silicone neck zip seal [includes install]
Shipping to/from Say $80
Tax? Say 10%
Total: $440

Si Tech Neck System:
$100 for neck system
$60 for silicone seal
Tax 10%
Total: $176 [plus glue and DIY]

If Dive Right In Scuba installs it:
$55 to inspect
$135 for labor only to install
$100 for neck system
$60 for silicone seal
Tax 10%
I'm not sure on shipping to/from as it said free shipping somewhere...let's say $40 to ship to, free to ship back
Total: $483

These are just a guess....and the savings would add up [depending on how many neck seals I go through] as the DUI neck Zip seal is $138 ea and the SI Tech compatible silicone neck seals are just $60 ea.

I have done some DIY work on my suit...removed, cleaned, re-installed both valves. I have glued on a pocket before. All worked fine. However, in this case...I would not mind the extra assurance that it will last a long time...provided they do a good job.

I am just not at the DIY mindset on this job....yet @happy-diver...yet :wink: I sure appreciate the info and will have to consider it much more before making a final decision :D
Tim will do the SI tech neck seal. He did for mine. If you want to see it before I ship it off for a zipper replacement and Rolocks gloves being mounted, let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom