ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2021 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am just going to post my 2 cents.
I would not bet a nickel on what the United State government is going to say or do about Covid for the requirements to traveling next week or next month.
I have even less faith on what a Foreign government is going to do.
The only thing certain nowadays is uncertainty.

I’m heading to Belize tomorrow!

Just got my 3rd negative PCR test result today (took the test on Tuesday, 64 hours ago) for my 3rd overseas trip this coming Saturday to meet the < 96 hours window between the swab test and arriving in Belize. This time I got the test free of charge through COVID-19 Testing & Health Services | Curative.
Before I took the tests through Quest Diagnostics : Home and it costs $130 / swab test. So, that's a nice change in my pocket.

One member of our group has taken both stages of Moderna vaccines and she still had to take PCR test for this upcoming trip. So, yes, you still need to be negative COVID-19 tested to visit Belize, regardless whether you have the vaccines or not.

The advantage of having the vaccines is you won't be sick when you get the virus. You still need to follow the CDC protocols like everyone else to make sure that you won't be spreading the virus to those vulnerable people.

Just arrived in Belize. So far so good.

That’s a guy came from San Antonio. As soon as we are outside, he took off his mask.

FYI, I was just informed by the resort where I’m staying that Belize is very strict on mask wearing, especially when you are outside your resort area. If you get caught for not wearing mask on the street, you’ll get a $500 fine. I heard 3 American tourists got the fines.

Dan, ENJOY and keep us posted on your adventures!

I'm hoping, praying, crossing my fins that this trip will be rescheduled for next June rather than January. I am exponentially more able to go on the trip in June than January for a number of personal reasons.

My group of 9 just got another negative COVID-19 test an hour ago in Ramon’s Village Resort, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize at no charge (i.e., FREE of charge) before going home on Saturday. We are all COVID-19 FREE at this moment! We’ll try hard to keep it that way, like what I have been doing for the last 11 months (i.e.,social distancing, wear N95 mask whenever social distancing is not possible & wash hands before touching someone else properties). It ain’t that hard folks. You just have the right attitude & discipline.

I’m heading to Belize tomorrow!

Just got my 3rd negative PCR test result today (took the test on Tuesday, 64 hours ago) for my 3rd overseas trip this coming Saturday to meet the < 96 hours window between the swab test and arriving in Belize. This time I got the test free of charge through COVID-19 Testing & Health Services | Curative.
Before I took the tests through Quest Diagnostics : Home and it costs $130 / swab test. So, that's a nice change in my pocket.

One member of our group has taken both stages of Moderna vaccines and she still had to take PCR test for this upcoming trip. So, yes, you still need to be negative COVID-19 tested to visit Belize, regardless whether you have the vaccines or not.

The advantage of having the vaccines is you won't be sick when you get the virus. You still need to follow the CDC protocols like everyone else to make sure that you won't be spreading the virus to those vulnerable people.

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the info. May I know about the flight to BZE? Were the flights full?
Thanks.

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the info. May I know about the flight to BZE? Were the flights full?
Thanks.

It was about half full. We were able to spread out. Two other fellows next to me were able to move to the back and I was the only one in my row of 3 seats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom