Turneffe Island Resort? Is 3 weeks to long to stay.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I lived in Cozumel for three months at a time and dove every other day. Never got tired of the diving. We did this for two winters. Another place we lived for six weeks was Taveuni, Fiji. Rented a house and did our diving with Taveuni Ocean Sports. They have a nice small resort connected with the dive operation callled Nakia. You would not get tired of the diving there.
Very cool...were looking for a 2-3 month rental on CZM for the winter months..Jan-Feb...may I ask what and where did u rent,?

Here's where your profile says you've been:
Local rock quarries, Aruba, Bora Bora, Little Cayman, Belize, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Maldives, Indonesia

I'm jealous of some of that. Especially Indonesia.

Unless you are specifically after an isolated resort for social distancing purposes, I'd consider Cozumel. You can get plenty of diving, do some other things, and from what I understand on the forum it's open for business. Also known for good food at a good price. It is drift diving, so be aware.
Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

TIR is a great spot, and I could happily spend three weeks there. I think I'd take a day off now and again to sail or maybe try fishing or just dry out.

You might also consider doing the third week at Huracan... Very different vibe, and more rustic. Also beter diving.

Or hop on the Aggressor.

Having thought about it a few minutes, I might do two at TIR and a week at Caye Caulker with some interior trips.

I'd always do anything rustic first and then move up. For example, diving Hurrican and the move to TIR, rather than the other way around. Same with inland adventures. Do them first and then finish with island and/diving.

Under the current circumstances with covid, haven't considered a liveaboard.
We like the small resorts off the beaten path.
Do you have any suggestions? It's hard to find a place with so many countries still closed.
We were supposed to go Misool but that got canceled.

We were at TIR several years ago and enjoyed it. 7-10 days for me. Another option in Belize is Off the Wall resort at Glovers Atoll. You have to take a 'puddle jumper' flight to Dangriga however, and spend a night there. The resort will pick you up from the hotel. They can make the arrangements for you. Also, It is an Eco resort - no a/c but open windows and electric fan, outside shared bathroom, solar heat, composting, brackish water for rinsing. They will provide you with drinking and brushing water.......Food was good. The diving was good. Not sure if you'd want to hop on the local flight at this time though. And, we were in Misool a couple of years back. This will be like a 2-star hotel to Misool's 5-star. However, because it is remote, the marine life and reef are healthy and abundant. Eagle rays and octopus come near the resort's pier.

Back
Top Bottom