Talked to Scubapro US yesterday and they said the Mk19 is a go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's cheap , here the Scubapro one is

4 times the price and the after market one is over twice your price.

Not sure that I want to buy the cheapest DIN to Yoke converter in the market that will be sitting right behind my skull attached to a very high pressure container :)

Not sure that I want to buy the cheapest DIN to Yoke converter in the market that will be sitting right behind my skull attached to a very high pressure container :)
You are so correct there Sir.
My problem is I have Champagne taste and Beer money. I always buy the best and "to hell with it".
Edit: Typo, again!

Not sure if it has been brought up here already but Scubapro is now selling the MK19 and D420 separately and in other combinations this year in the EMEA market. There is also a PVD coated MK19 in the new 2021 catalog.
I bought my Mk19 this way...Just the first stage

I have a pvd coaster mk19 on backorder. Apparently this is quite popular

So speaking of ScubaPro 2nd stages....what are everyones thoughts on the A700, S600 and G260? I do have a D420 that I am sending to rsinger to tune up. Just curious as to the benefits of the other 2nd stages? Does the A700 really help with moisture from the dry tank air? Is any of the 2nd stages much better breathers than the others?

So speaking of ScubaPro 2nd stages....what are everyones thoughts on the A700, S600 and G260? I do have a D420 that I am sending to rsinger to tune up. Just curious as to the benefits of the other 2nd stages? Does the A700 really help with moisture from the dry tank air? Is any of the 2nd stages much better breathers than the others?

I bought 2 G260 and 2 S620Ti all at the same time. Back to back, I thought the G260 breathed just a little nicer than the S620Ti.

I’ve never used an A700.

I bought 2 G260 and 2 S620Ti all at the same time. Back to back, I thought the G260 breathed just a little nicer than the S620Ti.

I’ve never used an A700.
I read your post about it when I searched. I tried to do a comparison on Scubapro website and I think their site search sucks...I wanted to see comps about first stages and then comps about 2nd stages

I read your post about it when I searched. I tried to do a comparison on Scubapro website and I think their site search sucks...I wanted to see comps about first stages and then comps about 2nd stages

The website isn't of much help in this instance. What @stuartv said is also subjective, not wrong nor right, different people with different tastes in how a second stage should give air will give you different answers.

You'll get as many different answers as the total number of responses. Some people swear by the latest and greatest, some people swear by their very first reg they bought back in 1945. I can't say that I am all that impressed by my D420, but I haven't given it a retune so it may be at sub optimal status already.

I love my S600 and G250 and honestly couldn't tell you which was in my mouth at depth if you blindfolded me. My brother has an A700 and he hasn't complained about it. Anything Scubapro with an adjustment knob is going to be a pretty good breather if you want to pony up for the brand surcharge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom