Hmm...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeC

Contributor
Reaction score
Some days even staying in bed isn't safe....

:laughing:

MikeC:
Some days even staying in bed isn't safe....

Isn't this a copyrighted commercial cartoon which should not be reproduced without permission?

cancun mark:
it doesnt have a copyright sign on it!

If you look for this cartoonist's work on the Internet it is all covered by copyright, clearly stated on other sites. Its reproduction without the associated copyright statement and permission is piracy.

It looks far side style to me - still funny :wink:

miketsp:
If you look for this cartoonist's work on the Internet it is all covered by copyright, clearly stated on other sites. Its reproduction without the associated copyright statement and permission is piracy.

First off, someone sent it to me in an e-mail. Not sure where they got it or who that person is now. It has been sitting on a CD-R for a while. Second, what is the artists name??? The script used, like many people's handwriting is hard to read.

If you are the artist, sorry, but it does NOT say anything on this piece about copyright or usage.

MikeC:
First off, someone sent it to me in an e-mail. Not sure where they got it or who that person is now. It has been sitting on a CD-R for a while. Second, what is the artists name??? The script used, like many people's handwriting is hard to read.

If you are the artist, sorry, but it does NOT say anything on this piece about copyright or usage.

Just run a search in Google for
Mcpherson cartoon

Just because you received it in an email doesn't make it yours for the taking unless it's so old it's in the public domain, which I doubt.

miketsp:
Just run a search in Google for
Mcpherson cartoon

Just because you received it in an email doesn't make it yours for the taking unless it's so old it's in the public domain, which I doubt.

Unless the material is being used for commercial purposes then posting it to a discussion forum is not copywrite infringment.

If scubaboard posted, "hey come toour pay site and pay us to look at ffunny pictures" then there would be a problem.

At least this is how I understand it

Back
Top Bottom