Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ask because my wife wanted orange webbing and Deep6 had some, but it feels very soft and pliable and nothing like the webbing I'm used to.

Were you able to find stiffer orange webbing anywhere? I have 2” heavy duty webbing in orange from Strapworks for my weight belt; it’s pretty stiff for what it is, but only due to its thickness since it doesn’t have resin. Not sure if it would stand up to longer use on a backplate.

Pro Tip (which may or may not be in the video, I dunno, I haven't watched it):

Before removing your old webbing use a silver or gold sharpie to mark each turn. Where it goes through slots, where all the d-rings or triglides are, etc.

Then lay your old webbing out on the ground next to the new webbing and match all the marks. That is, draw the same marks on the new webbing.

Then rethread and you'll have a starting point for all your things.

The webbing will stretch and it'll need to be minutely adjusted after a dozen dives or so. But it's better than flying blind.

Pro Tip (which may or may not be in the video, I dunno, I haven't watched it):

Before removing your old webbing use a silver or gold sharpie to mark each turn. Where it goes through slots, where all the d-rings or triglides are, etc.

Then lay your old webbing out on the ground next to the new webbing and match all the marks. That is, draw the same marks on the new webbing.

Then rethread and you'll have a starting point for all your things.

The webbing will stretch and it'll need to be minutely adjusted after a dozen dives or so. But it's better than flying blind.
Would def work for webbing in reasonable shape. This stuff was so badly damaged and difficult to move due to memory that I had to cut it out of the plate.

Back
Top Bottom