Hello from Portland,Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to ScubaBoard @Oregon1. Thank you for joining our forum.
Tell us a little more about your diving experience please.

More on my diving experience,no problem. Mainly Oregon/Washington cold water diving,lakes,rivers,jetties,ocean. I really need to focus on working less,diving more,since 2002 I have around 150 dives in. Most of my dives were/are at the N jetty in Florence,Oregon diving for crab in very limited visibility,which can be a fun challenge. I really like diving Puget Sound in Washington,very good vis with octo,and lots of other fun critters to see. My Max depth is 100',comfort level is 60'-70',more dives at deeper depths,my comfort level would easily grow. I'm interested getting into spear fishing,doing my homework now of what speargun to buy. I'm not a clicky person,I'll dive with anyone.

Welcome to the board. I saw you made reference to buying a speargun. If you have any questions we can help you with, please let me know.

Offering a quick tip: Rather then the type or brand of speargun, probably the most important factor in picking the correct gun is matching the size of the gun with the expected visibility.

Thanks
dano

Welcome to Scuba Board. I hope you'll post some trip reports from your area. Seems like we used to see more content from Puget Sound area diving. I've never been up there; my only west coast experience was a live-aboard diving the Channel Islands out of California once (and it was nice!).

I've never seen a wolf eel or a giant Pacific octopus...but I'm guessing you have.

Thanks,and yes,that's one of many questions I have. What is Mako's # to talk with someone about it? Thanks for reaching out.

check out the link in my signature. The phone number is on the top right of the front page. 9-5 M-F

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom