Uneasy feeling of booking an August trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wondering why you wouldn’t just fly right into Coz direct? When I went down, seemed simple and direct flight to Coz.

Been answered many times. If tix are within $100 we fly into CZM but I have seen tix for $200 into CUN while $450 into CZM. And there is one flight per day, sometimes only weekends, for us into CZM while there are 8 flights per day every day into CUN.

Reactions: yle
Honestly, I have no problem flying any airline that gets me from Augusta, GA to Cozumel. I always liked to fly Delta but its been American lately as Delta has stopped flying into CZM. No problems the last 5 flights. Definitely pesty with the last minute Covid paperwork all airlines now require filled out at airport check in but I attribute that to flying in a pandemic. Book your flight Don! Most likely it’s not going to be as easy as it once was. In the end, the hassle is always worth it.

I do more walking with my bags inside my home airport IAH than all of the bag drag combined.

If the weather is against you, you don't want to have to even walk next to the porter with your bags to the ferry. I'm not a fan of super hot and humid - or sudden downpours!! But I understand what you're saying too.

Another issue to keep in mind during the limited ferry schedule (maybe someone has already discussed this) is that if you miss one ferry you might be waiting a few hours. That happened to our friends on our last visit. (We had flown directly into CZM and they were in CUN)

I was on a zoom call today with 6 other people. I was the only one who has not tested positive for covid. I was also the only one who has traveled domestically or internationally since last February. Just an interesting bit of information - it doesn't have any particular 'meaning'.

If the weather is against you, you don't want to have to even walk next to the porter with your bags to the ferry. I'm not a fan of super hot and humid - or sudden downpours!! But I understand what you're saying too.

Another issue to keep in mind during the limited ferry schedule (maybe someone has already discussed this) is that if you miss one ferry you might be waiting a few hours. That happened to our friends on our last visit. (We had flown directly into CZM and they were in CUN)

The bag drag is way less viable with covid. We might go over $150 extra to CZM now. Not riding ADO and the ferries have been unpredictable. I'm mostly talking about pre-covid (and hopefully post-covid) when ADO was cheap and safe, and the ferries ran every hour.

and hopefully post-covid)

Just want to throw a big PLEASE GOD to that hope!!!!!! Covid can't go away soon enough!!!!

I've flown AA 4 times and the only issue I had was they changed my arrival/departure times which was no big deal

I was on a zoom call today with 6 other people. I was the only one who has not tested positive for covid. I was also the only one who has traveled domestically or internationally since last February. Just an interesting bit of information - it doesn't have any particular 'meaning'.

Yup... hard to believe, but I've heard similar stories: that some people test positive even though they never went on an airplane.

Just want to throw a big PLEASE GOD to that hope!!!!!! Covid can't go away soon enough!!!!

Well, it's never going away... it's permanent now. We just have to figure out, as quickly as possible, how to live with it. That is, figure out how to make the restrictions go away.

Back
Top Bottom