Indonesia closed for foreigners 01 - 14 January 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully, Indonesia will be open by August, as I'll be in Sangalaki by then.

August 2022 maybe.

August 2022 maybe.
My worse case scenario: vaccinated persons can still infect others because they still can carry the virus in the nose. The variants from South Africa, England and Brazil will enter or entered already. Nurse, doctors and others in Indonesia who are vaccinated will much less careful in protection others against them. The vaccine program of Indonesia will never be completed. The first vaccinated have to be vaccinated again before others receive their first shots. International tourism to Indonesia as we have known it will be over for the next couple of years. Because of the fear taking new variants home and the risk of getting stranded somewhere suddenly. There is no government support for the tourism industry. Which companies can survive for several years without any income?

My hope is that we are vaccinated with something that does work against the SA, Brazil, UK etc variants and that Indonesia can be fully vaccinated with J&J or one of the other one-shot vaccines. I hope that removes the risk of sudden closures and quarantines. I am more worried about those for traveling than getting covid because I won't travel unvaccinated.
We are booked for Komodo in 2022, via Singapore probably. Fingers crossed.

Any word on further closures past this week?

Got my first shot yesterday but doesn't really change anything

Any word on further closures past this week?

Got my first shot yesterday but doesn't really change anything
Any proof that you have been vaccinated?
You might need it to travel to a foreign country.

Here's mine, with my name whited out. The back has info. to remind you to come back for a 2nd dose and bring the card with you after the first dose; it includes the date you're due.

IMG_6353.png

I agree with you. But we
My hope is that we are vaccinated with something that does work against the SA, Brazil, UK etc variants and that Indonesia can be fully vaccinated with J&J or one of the other one-shot vaccines. I hope that removes the risk of sudden closures and quarantines. I am more worried about those for traveling than getting covid because I won't travel unvaccinated.
We are booked for Komodo in 2022, via Singapore probably. Fingers crossed.
We just started with the Sinovac vaccines here in Indonesia. Bit weird because there are still no complete data published. This vaccine is in Indonesia only approved for the healthy part of the population 18 - 59 years old. If it would prevent infecting others that would be great. But nothing points in that direction yet. Vaccinated people have to be very aware they still can infect others, until proven otherwise. In the mean time the numbers are rising daily. We really need the other vaccines to arrive and start vaccinating the most vulnerable people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom