what kind of diver are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a make-up-for-lost-time type of diver. Don’t know why I waited until my mid-50s to get certified, but here I am. Sold my childhood home a year after learning to dive and bought an apartment in the Caribbean. I picked a place that was an easy flight and go as often as I can. Other than that it’s cold lakes, cold Atlantic, and a couple of live-aboard trips that hopefully don’t get cancelled this year.

I am a make-up-for-lost-time type of diver. Don’t know why I waited until my mid-50s to get certified, but here I am. Sold my childhood home a year after learning to dive and bought an apartment in the Caribbean. I picked a place that was an easy flight and go as often as I can. Other than that it’s cold lakes, cold Atlantic, and a couple of live-aboard trips that hopefully don’t get cancelled this year.
Sunapee is a beautiful dive I have done it a couple times, I too waited until I was older to get certified. (42) I intend to get in and do the weetamoo this summer. I do not have the proper boat for it, my coworker does however. I am not sure he can do the cold at 75 feet in Sunapee but we will see.

I'm a balanced diver.

My rig is so balanced that I don't really need a BC during the dive. However, it's nice on the surface if I'm waiting for the boat. No matter how long you have between dives, going in balanced and neutral makes you look good.

Sunapee is a beautiful dive I have done it a couple times, I too waited until I was older to get certified. (42) I intend to get in and do the weetamoo this summer. I do not have the proper boat for it, my coworker does however. I am not sure he can do the cold at 75 feet in Sunapee but we will see.

what’s the temp at 75’? If you have room on the boat I’d like to join you.

what’s the temp at 75’? If you have room on the boat I’d like to join you.
the thermal can be mid 40's in our lakes. I will let you know when I get out on the lake. with Covid being the kicker of course. I hope to be vaccinated soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom