Heyo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
As of last July, I can officially dive in Open Water. I wish I could say I've been on a few dives already but due to the pandemic and school nothing has happened. Despite that, my goal is to become a scientific diver and as a Marine Biology major (@ CSULB) field experience is important. This community seemed a good place to make connections so it's good to meet you! :happywave:

Way to go!!! There'll still be plenty of oceans, lakes, rivers and springs to dive when this all blows over.

As a Marine Bio Major, a visit to Woods Hole Massachusetts is in order! There is an easy dive right in woods hole called Garbage Beach, because for centuries fisherman tossed stuff into the water so people often dig up antique bottles and clay pipes. Check if your college will sponsor you to go to one of the many symposiums and technical courses they offer at Woods Hole, it will really open up worlds of ideas and contacts for you. (Post COVID of course!)

Welcome. California has some fine diving, which will serve as a nice contrast to that in the Caribbean and southeast Florida which you may try someday. Then there's the deep offshore wreck diving with sand tiger sharks out of North Carolina. Lots of opportunities.

Richard.

Welcome. My brother is out your way. Are all the shore sites in the area closed?

Welcome. In case you havent seen it, there are regional forums here, including a SoCal one

SoCal

A good resource for local diving info. If you are ever up in the Carmel area, Point Lobos is a fully protected marine reserve, so the fish get nice and big and generally unafraid of divers

I think there's also a Marine Science subforum in here as well.

Happy Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom