Si-tec vs waterproof neck seal

• Si-tec silicon

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Waterproof silicon

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think they all had the yellow inner L profile rings. But, I believe at one point the dimensions of the yellow ring also changed. I could be wrong, but I don’t think that the changes in the outer ring and the inner ring occurred at the same time. I segregated out one of the smaller L rings the other day, so I would not use it by accident.

I haven’t had or heard of any problems with my or anybody else’s quick neck system.

One of the bad neck tite rings may still be around. I took them off all of the shops drysuits when it happened. If I can find one, I will slice it and post the comparative photos.

Reactions: Zef
Seals are less expensive on this side of the pond...about half what they cost in the US.

-Z

I wonder if my Sea Skin has this more flexible ring. If I put the yellow ring all the way in and pull on the seal, I can make the ring to pop up. But one way or another, the seal definately is sliding. I've flooded few times due to the problem with the ring.

I wonder if my Sea Skin has this more flexible ring. If I put the yellow ring all the way in and pull on the seal, I can make the ring to pop up. But one way or another, the seal definately is sliding. I've flooded few times due to the problem with the ring.

How old is your suit and ring system?

I take care when putting on and taking off my suit but I dont baby it. Also perhaps since the fusion zips around the chest/shoulder area and the top part of the suit is kind of a flap there is less struggle and strain getting it over my head....I think because of this I have not had any issues with the neck seal at all.

-Z

How old is your suit and ring system?

I take care when putting on and taking off my suit but I dont baby it. Also perhaps since the fusion zips around the chest/shoulder area and the top part of the suit is kind of a flap there is less struggle and strain getting it over my head....I think because of this I have not had any issues with the neck seal at all.

-Z
Couple of years old, I think

Would you take a photo of the exterior of your suit showing the neck ring? I bet you have the 2nd generation one.

Would you take a photo of the exterior of your suit showing the neck ring? I bet you have the 2nd generation one.
I'll try when I'm at home. There is a "warm neck", I'll see if the picture from outside is possible.

I have a couple of extra neck seals, one of them is a waterproof ine withe bellows. The seal sgould be mounted with vellows in the back. Not sure if it will be a pain or not to line that up properly, but the si-tech ones are uniform so nothing to index.

For wrist seals, I found the shape of the Waterproof branded ones dont contact my wrist as well as the shape of the Si-Tech ones, so have stocked up on the latter.

The Waterproof seals come in black, blue, and red, Si-tech's come in black or blue.

Both brands of seals are made by Si-Tech.

-Z

Yikes...sorry for the typogrpahical errors...my fingers are big and my phone's on-screen keyboard is really small.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom