Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of those of us who frequent this thread, who lives in the area and dives regularly? The reason I ask is that I've lived here for just under 4 months and haven't really made any solid buddy friends or groups to dive with. Just curious who's in the area and if they want to get together and dive at some point. Solo'ing is great, but diving with friends is way more fun.

Of those of us who frequent this thread, who lives in the area and dives regularly? The reason I ask is that I've lived here for just under 4 months and haven't really made any solid buddy friends or groups to dive with. Just curious who's in the area and if they want to get together and dive at some point. Solo'ing is great, but diving with friends is way more fun.

I dive Jupiter regularly but I'm not exactly a local. I used to live primarily in Boca Raton and I'm now in Bonita Springs full-time. I've got a roughly 3 hr drive to dive Jupiter, about 2:45 to dive Palm Beach. Those two locations along with Boynton Beach are my three primary go to spots.

With that said I would be open to a meet-up to dive together on occasion.

I took a trip with Emerald on January 16th. Water was great although weather was rough coming in. Here is a video from that trip:

I'm in West Central Florida just north of Tampa so roughly a 4 hour drive for me but try to make it down there at least twice a year.

I dive Jupiter regularly but I'm not exactly a local. I used to live primarily in Boca Raton and I'm now in Bonita Springs full-time. I've got a roughly 3 hr drive to dive Jupiter, about 2:45 to dive Palm Beach. Those two locations along with Boynton Beach are my three primary go to spots.

Sounds good!

How’s the diving on the SW coast of FL?

How’s the diving on the SW coast of FL?

1. The gulf is FLAT relatively speaking vs. SEFL
2. Not many diveable sites near shore. Mostly a few small artificial reefs.
3. LONG boat rides. Think 20-35 miles to find 70'-80' depth.
4. Not much reef mostly artificial structures (radio towers, wrecks, artificial reefs) and some blue holes (which are pretty cool!).
5. Viz tends to be poorer than SEFL (20-30' typical) but it CAN be stellar at times.
6. Very few charter boats. Most cater to fishermen (hook and line & spearfishermen). I've gone out on one of those for a 3 tank. It's an uncomfortable, long day but I still enjoyed it!
7. Colder in the winter and warmer in the summer.
8. More red tide to be monitored and worked around especially during the winter months.

1. The gulf is FLAT relatively speaking vs. SEFL
2. Not many diveable sites near shore. Mostly a few small artificial reefs.
3. LONG boat rides. Think 20-35 miles to find 70'-80' depth.
4. Not much reef mostly artificial structures (radio towers, wrecks, artificial reefs) and some blue holes (which are pretty cool!).
5. Viz tends to be poorer than SEFL (20-30' typical) but it CAN be stellar at times.
6. Very few charter boats. Most cater to fishermen (hook and line & spearfishermen). I've gone out on one of those for a 3 tank. It's an uncomfortable, long day but I still enjoyed it!
7. Colder in the winter and warmer in the summer.
8. More red tide to be monitored and worked around especially during the winter months.
Thanks for the very thorough assessment!

@CosbySweater I am in the same situation as @JimBlay I live in Charlotte county and make the trip over when I can get away with it ( the boss lady hates me gone all day). We should all plan a group meet and dive in the spring time when things warm up a bit.

@CosbySweater I am in the same situation as @JimBlay I live in Charlotte county and make the trip over when I can get away with it ( the boss lady hates me gone all day). We should all plan a group meet and dive in the spring time when things warm up a bit.

Thats a great idea. I’d love to do a little SB meet up and dive sometime!

Anyone planning to make it out tomorrow? Conditions look pretty good. I'm diving Lemon Drop in the morning.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom