Looking for Ti knife with good bp/w webbing mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divectionist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi there

I finally lost my Aqualung Argonaut knife somewhere in or around a wreck today, I say finally because it already came out of its sheath twice before on the boat over the last year - it just doesn't sit tight enough and it was just a matter of time. I therefore do not recommend what would otherwise be a nice and low profile good quality knife.

Couple things I am looking out for:
  • Titanium ideally, SS ok
  • low profile sheath that I can attach to standard bp/w webbing (in front of left hip D ring)
  • medium to short overall length
  • ideally with a button/squeeze release or more secure mechanism than the Argonaut
  • I have a trilobite so line cutter in the blade is not a must
  • Combo blades welcome, straight/serrated and prefer a pointy end (for them sharks)

any pointers are welcome!

Cheers

See the little knifee with velcroed webbing strap through the hollow handle in the webbing pouch
on the plate on the left
full.jpg

It's done some interesting really squeezy penetration and has never come out except once for cleaning
but didn't need it

Well it's a scubapro titanium knife but with a dir steak knife pouch because the scubapro pouch is a disgrace

but with a dir steak knife pouch because the scubapro pouch is a disgrace

yeah something like that, where do you have that pouch from?

The eezycut trilobite harness pouch is genius as it fits perfectly onto the webbing and securely folds flat with velcro, I am not keen on massive plastic sheaths hanging off me.

This seems to be your knife and the disgraceful pouch you've done away with? Did the threads frizz out like on all scubapro cheap textile accessories?

If you find an argonaut somewhere in the EX-HMAS Brissi, do let me know...

Attachments

• scubapro-x-cut-titanium-knife-10964-p-700x700.jpg
    scubapro-x-cut-titanium-knife-10964-p-700x700.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 148
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I really hate that!

The first expensive knife I lost was my last then it was straight to the bread knife section of kmart
It's surprising I have that expensive SP knife but I had something organised with the shop owner
The original pouch was just too flim flam not secure except to secure another purchase when lost

I've found some good stuff on the Brisbane doing the second half of a dive with half the weigh from
one of those shoulder harness really heavy weight pack things, quite a few kg was very interesting

The pouch is a standard dir steak knife pouch that secures because of the strap through the handle
otherwise they aren't much secure with the dir knife if you get thrown around unlike dir advocates

But fortunately I have machinen putzen schutzen and make or modify as required

full.jpg

That is one of my chestmount rebreather sacks in the process

See this is my main knife and snips that perhaps you could try

full.jpg

No way in the rigorously immaculate gear in which you present

Just grab yourself a new old stock BFK like in my top photo right

Just wondering have you about broiled yourself in the drysuit yet

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, Enjoy your diving man

now you're showing off with high tech gear making equipment... I just google-realised that the 'steak knife pouch' is a thing. That, some velcro strips and a hollow handle knife may just be the inspiration I needed, so thank you!

and for the 26C today I even rolled out the 5mm - I moved to Brisbane and am getting on those boats now, Cherubs and Henderson 9 days ago was fantastic in pristine conditions, so see you around, I'll look for the orange danger bits.

That's the one a bunch of brands slap their logo on and I'd buy it but I can't find it in Australia - and when shipping costs the same as the product, it's a pass. Thanks anyway!

Edit: tracked one down and ordered it: 10Bar Titanium Dive Knife
I'll see what to do about the sheath as I am sure it's the same crappy one happy-diver complained about.

Back
Top Bottom