STORY's of Bob Evans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I should have know but Face Book has changed my post so many times. As a Corporation we must stay on with Face Book.
side-scan001-fw.jpg
But here on Scuba Board I can share freely. This can be fun and today I share a long story. Scan scan of a ?

Treasure map ? Patent drawing ?

Rorschach test?

Actually, it almost looks like an old plot printout with bottom terrain and maybe a dolphin nose down surrounded by baitfish.

Cat got my tongue... :p

I must admit this is a slow group of divers ..but I am so busy with CHESS+EVANS LLC we might tall fall a sleep. So I will lit you all up with a special image our friend gave us before he passed. 4 licks I am going down.
20181009_092055.jpg
Better start to make a connection with the side scan sonar. Wing is up to shadow,

Flow from bottom to top. Some wedge shaped structure at bottom with leading edge flow disruption. A fin or wing of some sort?

side-scan001-fw.jpg
The private charter pilot radio in as he descended into Santa Barbara Airport. He was a famous World War Two Air Force pilot. Known to my friend Bob. Soon after he radio in, the plane disappeared off the radar screen. That afternoon it was very stormy and heavy squalls ripping in from the Santa Barbara Channel. The Pilot was flying a (name left out) that had been modified with a longer fuselage to add more cargo. A large Cargo door was also installed, and a larger Tail. After this crash the Company no longer followed with this path. Here you see the plane laying on its side with one wing sticking up can be seen from the lack of data from the wing shadow. In around 220 feet of water off the Goleta Coastline lies an unsolved mystery. A Hero Pilot and his Lady Client with her collection of Jewels joined Davey Jones Locker.. In the end the Insurance company covered the loss, and the Pilot was blamed. Now begins the story, 38 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom