Covid-19 infection on a liveaboard at the Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and I have to choose between going this year, or losing all the money...I honestly am not sure what I'll do yet.

How much is your life worth?

Plus you don't want to end up at "Fun Island Resort & Spa"

Sadly, the UK has been remis in handling/ stopping the international spread of that variant. I say this on the 30th day of Tier 4 lockdown in Scotland. This is besides the responsibilities of the actual travellers and is not intended to excuse their collective misjudgement.
All the best to everyone in Scotland the virus is believed to have peeked in Ireland. Infection numbers are dropping but the hospitals are under severe pressure.

Scientists are always careful about what they say but the evidence is plain. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-55768627
upload_2021-1-25_16-16-55.png

Yea, it is a scientific paper and it says UK variant IS more deadly...
This is how information gets altered.

Why are so many people getting their information from the tabloids?
Did you still not learn that these "journalists" are paid per page view so they would put a view catching headline?

Other sources say that the new variant is more infectious but not more deadly.
Who is right now?

How Dangerous Are New COVID-19 Strains?

It depends on what you define as more deadly. For any individual that catches one of these variants, the illness does not seem to be worse than catching another variant. However, since more people will be catching the more contagious variant, the total number of people being ill goes up on a population basis, and the total number of people dying goes up on a population basis, and if there are enough sick people to be in hospital, then other people who are ill from other reasons be receive substandard care because of resource limitations, and the total number of people dying from other causes will also increase.

It depends on what you define as more deadly. For any individual that catches one of these variants, the illness does not seem to be worse than catching another variant. However, since more people will be catching the more contagious variant, the total number of people being ill goes up on a population basis, and the total number of people dying goes up on a population basis, and if there are enough sick people to be in hospital, then other people who are ill from other reasons be receive substandard care because of resource limitations, and the total number of people dying from other causes will also increase.

THIS is a statement that makes sense. But as always, if people would adhere to basic prevention measures (like people do in other parts of the world) the spread could be slowed.
I would say it is better to get screened monthly and be (almost) sure not to be contagious than silently spreading the disease among friends, family and everyone else in shops and public transportation. Unfortunately too many people are sure about their health so they would not even suspect to be a virus host. Exactly these people infect the most others around them.

Reactions: Dan
upload_2021-1-25_16-44-41.png

I think these Covid-19 measures should be adhered to, instead of making up false claims about the physics of a virus spread.

Reactions: Dan
I’m struggling to understand what any of the past posts have to do with the Maldives or LOBs.

Just the usual political rantings that seem to define SB these days...:(

I’ll summarize. If you need to unexpectedly quarantine in a foreign country for a contagious disease, the circumstances of your regulatory quarantine may be significantly different than the circumstances of your elective vacation, and if so, perhaps in a less pleasant manner.

Back
Top Bottom